Baby wants to touch the keyboard...

For those that use computer media, how do you handle your baby wanting to touch the keyboard? I have a laptop so hiding the keyboard isn’t an option and her motor skills are just banging on the keyboard (not pressing a button that would be useful, or there would be no problem).

What do you all do?

And specifically with Little Reader/Little Math as I may be purchasing one of these in the next month or so. Do you need to press a button to advance on them? How do you coordinate that?

I personally just move it out of my sons reach. I sit him in his high chair and the laptop on the table. he can watch it but can not touch it.

Hi Maquenzie,

In Little Reader and Little Math, you can choose to “lock” your keyboard, so this way even if your baby bangs on the keyboard the lessons won’t be affected (note that when your keyboard is locked only the ESC key is usable, as this is how you stop the lesson presentation).

Similarly you can also lock your mouse, should you prefer to use your keyboard. If you want to lock both your mouse and keyboard during the lesson, you can just set your lesson to play on “auto forward” so you don’t need to press anything (the auto forward feature can be further customized in case you want it slower or faster).

Hope this helps :yes:

Oh wow, thank you for replying! That seems really great!

Yes, I just let mine touch the keyboard during our lessons - it’s actually the only way she’ll stand there and watch!

i am glad that i am not the only mother having to deal with inquisitive fingers. it is very difficult to get my daughter to stop touching and turning things off. the ipad we cannot use at all. the computer works as long as we sit far away from it. even so, she will struggle to reach the keyboard and end up missing half of the lesson. and i thought girls were supposed to be attentive and calm.
liza