Baby pools and neck floats from China?

Hi,
I’ve seen a lot of babies swimming with neck floats and thought it was a common thing I could just go pick up at the store so I called babiesrus and asked if they had them and the guy of the phones reaction : “Wow, I hope not. oh my ***, is that even safe?” he said he’s worked there for 10 years and never heard of them. :rolleyes:

The neck floats are all from China or Hong Kong and come in different sizes from 0 months to 36 months but the ones I’ve been finding say 0 to 18 months.
They also have deep little pools for baby (up to 3 years) to swim in with the neck float. They’re expensive from $80 to $200.
Here is one of them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swimming-Pool-Inflatable-Infant-Baby-Childrens-Pool-with-Air-Pump-Parcel-K0844-/360578613874?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f4290272

I’m wondering if they’re safe. It says they meet SGS, ST, CE standards, safety, non-poisonous and environmental protection.

They remind me of the tummy tub I bought my son. He loved it as a new born and it helped him relax and sleep.

hi, i thought about getting the neck float when my baby was just born. But I didn’t go for it. At that time, I would just fill the bath tub with low water and lie him straight in the water. He would enjoy it for a little while but was also a little terrified because sometimes the water would go on his face due to his big sis. Later, he started sitting up and then, he would never want to lay down.

Looking back, I should have tried the neck float. I recommend just getting the neck float and filling up your bathtub. The neck float on its own is only about 10 bucks. The bathtub is coming out too expensive on this site. You can always buy a big tub from home depot or even a plastic tube tub from walmart for 40 bucks. Let us know how it goes.

That’s what I thought too. When we were buying the Tummy Tub I thought we could just use a bucket but then I read that you can’t put them in buckets because they have harmful chemicals. I wonder if it’s the same for the tub?