Baby of 16 monthly nearly 17months

:slight_smile: Good day to everyone, I wish to know if ever I start make my little angel read now she will be able to pick up the time lost in doing nothing at home. Hope that I someone will answer me. I am from Mauritius where we speak creole but we do English at school too and want my daughter to obtain good results at exams later. so please let me know if she will be able to catch up all the words if we start from now on.
Thanking you in advance for your response.

Hi Keithy,

I think your daughter will have no problem learning how to read at this age. She is still very young many parents do not start using the program until their children are older. Have you had a chance to download the free trials offered by BrillKids? They also have free pdf booklets you can download from www.brillbaby.com that will give you more insight on how to teach your baby and it will reassure you backed up with their research and tell you why you are not too late in teaching her at this age. Just remember to keep the lessons fun and be enthusiastic about it as she will follow your lead. You should also follow her lead if she does not want to complete a lesson DON’T and just pick up the lesson at a later time. If my son would fuss I would talk about how much fun lessons are and by the time I would show it to him again he would be so excited.

At this point you are not playing catch up but you are beginning your early learning adventures and we can not wait to hear more about them!
Welcome to BrillKids :slight_smile:

I was worried about that too. ours is 2 tomorrow (yay!) and we only started with the trial 10 days ago. He seems to really enjoy it!
I think whenever you start is the right time! With the others, they started when they started school aged 4 and a bit so anything earlier than that is a bonus in my view!

Evanthough the baby is 2 i think it will be good to start soon. and i feel that the lessons would be effective too… :smiley:

Babies learn fast :smiley:

My son is 18 months and I’m also in the trial period with Little Reader. So far he is not enjoying so much. I think he is too much used with iPad interations. I’m from Brazil, but I’m raising him with Portuguese and English and for us I don’t think the problem of Little Reader is English since I read books in English to him.

When I show Little Reader to my son he leaves after some seconds or few minutes. He enjoys when i show our family and airplanes.