Baby is getting bored quickly

My DD2 enjoys the doman-style words and math cards, for a few days, then she gets upset.

For example:

I made cards with our family member’s names on them. Showed them 3/day. I also made some color cards (with names on color and big rectangle box showing the color - 6 colors each on one letter size piece of cardstock). She enjoyed these for 3 days each, then got fussy at the sight of them (so, I’d pick something different, each time she was okay with something else so I don’t think it was the cards themselves bothering her).

I perservered through showing the family names for 9 days (just kept offering, and doing one at a time if I needed to), thinking I need to do 10 days.

I made some Doman dots sheets and she LOVED them…for 1 day (3 showings).

Is this normal? What do you do, persevere with repetition or move on? Or something else?

I just can’t believe she’d be absorbing it that quickly (even in 10 days with 3 showings it’s extremely hard to believe). So, what to do?

It is very likely that she is learning it that quickly and is just annoyed that you’re trying o teach her something she knows. I know that it can happen that quickly because, against Doman suggestion, I do test (though my girls find it like a fun game). I have shown both babies a set of cards, tested them right away (at which point they got them all correct), and then tested at a later date nd they’d retained the information.

Whatever you do, don’t force it. Just move on to something she finds fun!

Thanks. I tried a PowerPoint show last night with her. I had been resisting screen time with her. She seemed to like it, so I may start doing it that way. It’s hard to keep up with her, and if she’s going to go that fast, maybe I shouldn’t waste all that cardstock.

I just started the Little Reader program trial with my girls. They really seem to like it a lot. It’s basically a series of powerpoint presentations but it uses the multisensory approach, which is great!

Good luck with your little one!