Babies dehydration

yesterday my 9 month pooped big time as in really super it stained our beddings up to our mattres. Today, he vomitted all over and wet his shirt. The father is worried of him that he might be dehydrated… but me, the mother doesn’t think of that. I know I’m not a bad mommy as I don’t see any thing bad in that. Just the usual thing body fighting off sickness - my opinion. But am I correct in this? My husband notices that my baby isn’t much excited of anything today. From last night, he was waking up and crying a bit but when i attend to him and feed him all will be gone. But for me that is usual too. Today, he isn’t as loud as before and making my husband paranoid.

Well, just to ease up my husband, I gave my baby oral rehydration to drink. Is it a good thing to do just to keep up with the lost fluids from yesterday’s poop and today’s vomit?

One big poop and one big vomit is not going to make your baby dehydrated. If he is doing it several times, then maybe. As long as your giving him his milk/formula he should be fine.

if he is dehidrated you will noticed he doesn’t have wet diapers with pepe, you need to worry there!!
As soon as he gets wet diapers there is no worries. Try him to drink lots of water…When we travel my daughter got sick once I kept giving her pedialyte mix with water…you will find this in grocery stores,baby area.

Dear paps,
I have heard from my doctor that if the baby is really sick then he’ll refuse mothers milk too. He just wont take nything. And one time dehydration and one time vomiting wont affect the baby as nhockaday said…

Dear paps,
depending on where you live (as if it’s hot and dry in the house) the baby might get dehydrated quickly, you would have dry diapers (no pee-pee) as a sign. I can’t remember by when the soft spot on the baby’s head closes, but if he still has one it would dent in. Water is the best solution (esp. if there is no more vomiting) to help fight off whatever bug he got. I’ll say a prayer for him tonight also :slight_smile: .