((( Ayesha))) Some questions for you

Hi Ayesha,

I was just looking at your schedule on another post. It looks like you do three LR sessions a day. How many categories do you do in one sitting session and how many flash words in each category?

Also, if you do three sessions a day, are the categories the same each session?

Is it like this:

Monday
Breakfast Session - animals, food, insects
Lunch Session 2 - animals, food, insects
Dinner Session 3 - animals, food, insects

or do you do different categories from session to session? I guess my question is, how many times a day does your baby see the same word?

Thanks so much for sharing what you do!
Lucy

Dear LuckyLucy,

I replied to that thread and will respond briefly here as well. The schedule has evolved based on my children’s interest level and what I have available to show them. I show them LR/LM/.ppt after they eat because they are happy, relaxed, and strapped into their high chairs. The LR sets are spontaneous at the moment, because I am setting up my categories Doman style in LR with 5 words/set and retiring a word/introducing a word after the sixth day. So I have a lot of sets to create that are easy, it is just a little time consuming. And my Arabic sets I am experiencing spacing/display issues with the Arabic fonts in LR so I will use .ppt until I figure it out.

And the YBCR DVD is after they are down from the high-chairs and they will usually ask me to see the “BABY!”. So, once I complete the production phase of my Doman sets, then it - I will strive for 5 sets in random order shown 2-3 times per day - as long as the girls say “MORE!” - then I show it - and if not, I will stop.

The will see the same words everyday for 5 days, with one word being retired and one word being introduced, for a total of 15 times - which is probably too much for their age, and I may have to adjust it. It depends on their interest level and reactions.

I hope that answers your questions and please feel free to ask anymore that you may have.

Thanks.
Ayesha :slight_smile:

Hi Ayesha,

Your LR schedule sounds similar to mine. I show the same 4 categories (about 6 words each category) 3x/day. And I show these same categories for a few days and then switch it up. I just got LR so I haven’t customized too much yet. I have to organize myself with this stuff for sure.

Thanks, your replies are always so informative!

Lucy