au pair, yes or no?

i was wondering if any one has ever had an au pair to teach their kids a new lenguaje, I tought it could be a good way to get my children familiar with another lenguaje, they know spanish and english , I would like them to learn germana as well abd french…

I would love to know about your expirinces.
tanks

our son was under two and it worked well - we did french … our next two had personal issues, so it didn’t last long … now we’re just looking at starting a school :slight_smile: still, i would recommend it, so long as you’re sure that you get a good one. our first was phenomenal and loved our son as if he were her own. hth.

did you use an agency?how long did your au pair stay?
I would always be with the kids and the au pair, so I do expect to reduce the probles that way…event if it is just becuase I´m right there…
could you give me any other advise???
tanks a lot

I think that is a great way of teaching another language. I used to be an au pair in England and stayed for 6 years with the same family looking after two lovely boys. :yes:

I need an au pair for four months to stay with as in Slovakia . Anyone interested :smiley:

Yes, we used an agency. In the us we have to use an agency, but I think they are a bit pointlessm so if we were elsewhere I wouldn’t have gone through one. Our term was for a year, but I would have loved if she had been able to extend, but she couldn’t. Having one around gave our son consistent, loving, educational attention. He was on a routine that he. iPod count on and I think that this helped propel him to excel. Plus, it helped take stress off of us, which was a plus.