At what age to Teach Skating & how

Our daughter is 3 1/2 years old. Is it the right time to teach her skating. Someone informed that the bones and joints are not so developed & strong, hence it is too early to start and risky. But we have seen many children of such age have learnt from trainers and now skating without any support.

Also what is the best way to begin and teach.

My son (4.5 years old) and daughter (3 years old) just started their skating lesson. My daughter is a bit afraid, but my son is doing great. The class is for 2.5 - 5 years old. So, I guess it should be okay for that age group.

I think they can pick up roller blading from infancy. I put roller blades on my 3 year old and 4 year old years ago when I saw a neighbours kids rollerblading easily, and they took to it instantly. If they do that easily, skating or ice skating would be easy enough. I will put roller blades on Azaria at 2 years old… she has a bit of bow leggedness still I’m worried about.

Thanks. This has helped in making me decide, to begin.

While searching online for skating lessons & how to begin & care to take, came across on good site giving details & good tips. Have to search online, since we donot have any professional trainers in our nearby locality.

http://www.essortment.com/family/kidsactivities_shca.htm

In case someone has videos or other links, please share. (No SkateBoarding & no Ice skating please :wink: )

Thanks.