As a new mom only three months (13 weeks) pregnant i have quit cigeretes but...

I have quit cigeretes but cannot get every one in my house to smoke away from me, no matter how many times i ask them to smoke away from me. I feel like they dont care about me or my baby! Some times i feel like exploding and going out rage but i know thats not the right thing to do. I feel really bad because the smell is every where in the house and i have to cave myself in my room and i hate it, makes me depressed! I can not say anything because this is not my home im only staying here for the moment. What should i do? No matter what i say they dnt listen, please dont advise me to sit them down and talk with them because i have tried that. I should just cave myself in my room, right? :frowning:

I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. I would just stay away as much as possible. You need to protect your baby and some people will just not listen to reason. :mad: I hope you can get out of there fast. Of course the smoke is very bad, but I can also imagine how it makes you feel that they are willing to potentially harm you and your baby. Sounds like a bad environment all around. I am sure it is difficult to see passed this, but you will get through it and a wonderful journey lies ahead for you.

Karma to you for quitting! Awesome effort! Thumbs up for doing the best by your baby.
You have a couple of options none are great :confused:
Avoid the smoke, by hiding in your room at times, and heading outside to a comfy place with only ONE chair at other times. Let it be known this is your smoke free zone. A hammock would be nice…low to the ground, you will be round soon :slight_smile:
Move out ASAP!
Focus on the good, you baby is being exposed to far less smoke than it would have been had you not quit!
I appears that these people are really not going to be the best to live with long term with bibs so I encourage you to get out fast. Scary as it may be.

Plants, Plants, Plants! I would recommend picking up plants and filling the house with them. They are the best filtration/smoke removal system out there. When I was a kid I knew someone who smoked in their house. They filled their house with plants, and you could not tell that they smoked.

http://www.mnn.com/health/healthy-spaces/stories/cleaning-cigarette-smells-with-plants

Thank you every one so much for the replys it makes me feel bad that i have to move out because no one is listening to me…the most important thing to me right now is my baby…this is my miracle and their ruining their health while im trying to protect it. I feel like really saying something because if i end up leaving because of this no one will see me or my baby ever agian why should i care if they dont. i love my baby more then them and i will rather go to a shelter then put up with peoples habits! thanks again every one for the support and i did get some plants hopefully they dont find that as a excuse to keep smoking because theres a hallway whats so hard about walking a few steps to the hallway :wacko:

You mean even though you are inside the hose your companions still smoke?

Now that can not change others, it is trying to put it differently to protect yourself and your baby are safe

i am sorry to say that you are going to such a bad time you have to ask them to avoid smoking near to you,if they don’t care then only one thing can work you should have to avoid from them,

I had the same problem, I quit smoking the second I found out I was pregnant with our first child, unfortunately nobody around cared to either smoke outside, away from me, or in their bedrooms. I had finally had enough of it at about 3 months pregnant, I told them if they didn’t stop, they weren’t getting near the baby, hold her, see her NOTHING. Thinking I was kidding I took all their packs of cigarettes, and 2 cartons full of smokes and smashed them, then threw them in the bonfire outside. If they don’t have the decency to stop letting you inhale smoke while you’re pregnant they wont care about the baby inhaling either after birth.

HECK YEA TO PUTTING YOUR FOOT DOWN! :biggrin:

I had the same problem when I was having my second child. Getting a few air purifying plants and implementing some of the tips in the 8-step checklist here worked well for me: http://www.airpurifier-review.com/how-to-get-rid-of-smoke-smell/

Currently, I facing same kind of problem and got some useful tips and information from here http://www.pregnancyweeks.org/13-weeks-pregnant/ about 13 weeks pregnancy changes and illness.