as a new mom . . i need suggestions for my son..

hi there… being a new mom i need suggestions on how will i nourish my 3 months old son, the right nutrients for his brain developments and some software where i can teach him and how effective is it ? is there a mom here who can advice me a step by step procedures … if it will work out for my son at this very young age, to learn and grasp knowledge on flash cards? and what is the best suitable time or hour to teach him.? i may not be the best mom … but im trying hard…to be…

my friend told me to play soft music to my child especially when he was about to sleep because it develops the child’s mind, having a walk with the child would be very helpful as well, since it promotes the observation/analytical skills of the bby, and i also read/ tell tales to my child whenever i got the chance. and when she’s 2, i showed her some picture books that she loved. I got a long list of picture books if you like you could PM me, :smiley:

Hi, LittleDavid08,

And welcome to the community of parents like you! First of I just wanted to say that you are doing great, – looking for the ways to give your baby the best possible start. And – you are the best mommy for your baby!

To start with you can read a short summary on baby teaching basics here: http://www.brillkids.com/teaching-babies.php and here: http://www.brillbaby.com/early-learning/start-here/survival-kit-for-teaching-babies.php

It will give you some ideas! Our sister site - brillbaby.com is full of excellent advice, ideas and summaries for new and busy parents, – so feel free to browse around!

Secondly, you can ask question – other parents here are always happy to share their experiences, suggestions, what worked and what did not work for them!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi to the new Mom

I agree with Skylark that you’ve been already doing a great job since you are looking for what’s best to your child.

From my humble experience, the best teaching tools that helped my baby are:

FOR THE PARENTS’ INFORMATION:

FOR TEACHING YOUR BABY

• Books with clear pictures (try Priddy, DK, Usborne, and Eric Carle’s, those are my favorite) Check your local library, you may find lots of them!

• LR and LM: are hands down, the best flashcard system you can use with your baby. I bought LR with English and Chinese curricula and LM. They ARE efficient. I wish I bought the Deluxe version though. We are about finishing the LR sem2 and I am thinking about starting all over again and adding the Deluxe version this time. You can also have a 10% off by using this coupon: BKAFF38056

• I didn’t use YBCR program, although many recommend it. My baby has learnt to read with only LR. You may give it a try if you want.

• Another very important program is “Baby Signing Time” I think it helped my baby not only to express himself better but it tremendously enriched his vocabulary.

For more information about what to do month by month, you can check out some posts on blog her: http://babyalbab.blogspot.com/search/label/Activities%20by%20age

I hope this helps