Articles when teaching Spanish

I’m going to start creating my flash cards in spanish, but I’m not sure if I should include the article in front of the noun since when have female and male articles. In the long run it would be helpful for proper spanish, but I’m not sure if I should leave it out at the beggining.

Any suggestions?

I think it will be a good idea to add the noun. To improve the correct spanish.

the same thing with italian: articles, I think it’s better spell them too, but I didn’t add them into my flashcard
ed

ed,

What do you mean exactly with spell them too?

PY and ed,

Would you teach them once you star couples or just as “single words”?

Thank you so much for your replies! Karma to both! :smiley:

Hi Joha,
please would you explain me your question again? start couples…what do you mean?

PY,

Well, do you considere the article as a word or just part of the “single word”? Ex. when you are showing single words do you show “El perro” or just “perro” and then later on when you doing couples you do “El perro”? :blink:

Please let me know if I was not clear enough?

Thank you…Yes I got it!
So ok le’ts see, The correct way to teach a person the language is using the right gender article,like you say,“el perro” instead only “perro”. That works and It will be easy in the futuro for your baby to be able to make a sentence , instead to go back and learn the articles and then the make the sentence.
But we have to say not to many people do this, because we think is “easier” just say the word, which I think it is wrong because the gender is part of the article!!
I hope it gives you a little idea about what i will do.
have a good night Joha