Article: Mental Activity In Childhood And Adulthood Thwarts Dementia

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2013/07/05/use-it-or-lose-it-mental-activity-in-childhood-and-adulthood-thwarts-dementia/

Thank you TeachingMyToddlers! This is exactly what i have been trying to figure out since starting with early learning activities! :yes:

This study proposes that cognitive activity in the childhood reduces the amount of cognitive decline in old people. Since starting with early learning, I have been wondering how early neurological maturity affects persons life in the late years of his life. Although this study was not directly about that, my believe is that these topics are tightly related (motor development <=> cognitive abilities). Now this study shows that cognitive activity in the childhood (which is basically what early learning is about!) has these positive effects.

This was very useful indeed. I have already used days and days trying to find a book or an article on this topic so this is saving me a lot of time. Please share if you have more articles on this topic.

:biggrin: