Arabic for beginners?

I would like to introduce my 5 yr old to a bit of Arabic; I do not know Arabic at all, I want to learn along her.
Can you point my to some very beginner resources? Where to start?
I am considering Little Pim (we have used it with great success to start learning Spanish.).
What else is out there, to help start with Arabic?
If anybody knows nice music, videos, etc for kids? Very easy ones?
Thank you!
Adina

Hi Adina - i’ve made a playlist of early learning arabic songs, videos, etc. on youtube. I’ve linked it below.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTBR_ewFUS5gdHfLQQvpo3zBPAndwK7dH

Also, I’ve found some good free resources online and laminated flashcards. I’ve made flashcards for shapes, colors, etc. which my son is now comfortable with. I’ve attached a pdf of the alphabet – love the size of the cards. I’ll dig around for more resources.

Serene

You may try downloadable videos from Syraj.com
Little thinking minds videos are good to start with, Taraq wa Shireen are more of cartoons (suitable for toddlers and older kids), but they do teach letters, numbers, colors, etc. Alwan are in Shami dialect so I don’t recommend them if you’re teaching/ learning Modern Standard Arabic only.

Yes, I second Syraj.com – i have a few videos on my playlist linked from them. Same for Little Thinking Minds – they also have an itunes app. Can’t remember but I think it’s free.

Hello Adina,

I recommend you to study Madinah Arabic course for Learning Arabic language. Your child will definitely enjoy these books. Course content is created for non-native speakers and its having seven book series along with workbook for practice.