Anyone using Suzuki Piano Method?

Is anyone using Suzuki Piano Method? Wish to gain some opinion on this.

Hello, I have 2 music degrees and have been a piano and violin teacher for over 40 years and I’ve had 5 weeks of Suzuki training in Piano and Violin, so I am familiar with the Suzuki Method. Suzuki piano is ok if other books, pieces and note reading material is including in the teaching. The idea of having children listen to recordings of the pieces can be very helpful. Students who listen to the recordings usually play more fluently and have better rhythm.
I live in Canada where many, many pieces have been categorized into LEVELS,
by the Royal Conservatory of Music. There is the Introductory (Grade Primary) then Levels or Grades 1-10, and then an advanced grade. In my view the Suzuki Piano method is not nearly as good as the Suzuki Violin method for several reasons. The Violin Method series has 10 books. The Suzuki Piano Method has only 6 books, and books 4-6 become very, very difficult. In my opinion, if Suzuki Piano had more pieces, and TEN books it would be a BIG improvement. Books 1-5 should have been easier and the level of difficulty becoming gradually instead of suddenly harder. Suzuki does not include any pieces which they would have to pay copyright on. So there are NO modern pieces, NO pieces by Suzuki Teachers or students, and the keys which the students play in are very limited.
The Suzuki Piano Book ONE is equivalent to Conservatory Grade Introductory. In Suzuki Book TWO, the Levels jump around between Conservatory Grades One to Four. For example, the first piece is Level 2, the third piece is LEVEL 4, the next piece is conservatory Level 1. So I have found the method challenging to teach. But I have taught my students many pieces from the Suzuki method.
I like to have my students go on Youtube and find examples of the pieces they are
learning. Some of the performers are better than others. I have found Youtube to be very interesting. I hope that this is somewhat helpful and if you have any more questions or comments you can send them. Thanks. Skippy Mardon, M.Mus.

Skippy,
Thank you so much for such an informative post!
Karma to you!

Hi Skippy,
Where in Canada are you? I am curious to learn more about music lessons for children. Can you tell me the charges and other details?

thanks,

Hello, I am in Halifax, Canada, email skippym@eastlink.ca. You can email me for more information. Skippy

Skippy,
Thank you so much for sharing the information. I really appreciate it.