Anyone heard of kombucha before?

Someone just told me about it. I did find this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha but am curious as to your personal thoughts / experiences.

TIA

Hi TIA!

I was wondering if you are thinking of the “mushroom tea” or the kelp tea. I’ve actually had both, and they tasted fine. In Japan we drink and eat a lot of kelp products. I’d never thought of it has a healthful product, just one that I liked the taste of. :laugh: I had the “mushroom tea” in Ukraine, it was actually served to me by an American who was drinking it for health reason. I can’t say that they were much healthier than we were.

That’s my experience with them. Sorry it isn’t more helpful. :mellow:

We really like tulsi tea from India is great to keep you from getting colds or flu or to help you get well faster if you have one.

:yes: VERY INTERESTING!

thanks everyone. This is interesting. I will have to look into int some more.

Hi
I had kombucha tea as a child. I remember it sitting in a cloth-covered jar on top of our kitchen cupboard. We didn’t let it go very sour and it was a pleasant drink. I heard it was healthy but never knew why. They sell it in bio shops here, I can ask what are the supposed benefits as I go by next time.

Thanks! I’d love to hear more.

I got a flier at the local Bio Shop. Here is a summary of what it says:

Kombucha is helpful to restore a natural balance of your digestive system damaged by pollution, food additives, stress, use of antibiotics, overuse of medications, etc. Harmful bacteria and/or fungus set in and cause various discomforts/problems like fatigue, general weakness, swollen abdomen, skin problems, hair loss, dandruff and other allergic reactions. You can use Kombucha to regenerate your inner flora.
Use homemade kombucha after you can’t taste the sugar anymore.
(We did that wrong when I was a kid)

Thanks Nikolett & Karma to you. It sounds like a very healthy drink.

Hi Kmum,

Funny you bring this up!!! As a child we drank it like cool drink. My Mom got it from someone and called it “Chinese tea” We called it “Chinese Vinegar”!!! lol It was in our home for over a year and then we all got sick of it! It was best cold and I quite liked the taste - it isn’t sweet, but can get a bit “vinegary” if not changed regularly. I don’t remember too many details, but if you have a question, I could ask my Mom if she remembers.

TABS

We drink Masala Indian Tea.And Masala is made up of spices like cardamom,cloves,black pepper,nutmegand dry ginger powder which gives nice aroma.We drink it everyday