any solutions for potty training away from home?

my son is doing pretty well with potty training at home, but when we leave the house I never know what to do. Sometimes I try to bring along his potty seat, but don’t like to use it in a public restroom. Are there any products you’ve found or ideas about how to be consistent even when you leave the house? Thanks

Have you considered a portable/foldable toilet insert? It takes up less space. I found one at Walmart for $2.99. Inexpensive enough that if it gets dirty it can be easily replaced.

oh, I guess I failed to mention that it’s pretty important that it have a shield as he can make a pretty big mess if you know what I mean

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_ba_0_9?url=search-alias%3Dbaby-products&field-keywords=foldable+potty+seat&sprefix=foldable+

We have this with a boy. No shield, but it does have an opening through which the organ in question can be pointed down, and my son was trained early by his father to “point it down.”

It is flimsier than a nonfoldable seat, but it does keep the child from contacting the public seat at all because the wings come over the front of the seat. I also carry a supply of Lysol wipes in a ziploc to clean the seat off afterwards, and the whole package fits into a pouch about 6 x 8 inches.