Any ipad apps about story reading?

Hi, i am new to ipad… recently bought one and hope to download some apps for my 2.5yo kid. Any one has recommendation to improve reading? or any other userful apps you think is effective?

Thanks!

There are a plethora of amazing apps. It depends where your child is in the reading stage.
Any apps by alligator apps or grasshopper apps are highly recommended. Most are even free.
Preschool University apps like ABC magic are very good also.
I also like the TeachMe apps.
Other favourites are Bob Books, Reading Raven and starfall.

You can try some of these http://pinterest.com/pin/259519997247765136/

Wow… thanks so much… hope any one else has recommendation can leave a comments here.
:slight_smile:

BabyMum,
Korrale4kq mentioned the apps by GrasshopperApps, and one thing Alex liked by them is the ‘I Like…Books’…there are 37 books that are each topic based…I like books, I like Autumn, I like Math, I Like Reading, I Like Colors, etc., that have nice non-stylized photos, and read the book to your child whilst highlighting the word in the sentence as it is read. I have noticed that you can get them individually, or as the set (as I did). Sometimes they are all free and sometimes under $2.00, but still fun.

In fact, a lot of the interactive story books are that way, and seem to bridge the gap between ‘just’ apps and reading books, which sometimes gives kids extra incentive if they need it.

StarFall now has two apps out, one for just the letter curriculum that is from their web material, and now the phonics portion as well in the 2nd app.

Preschool Prep has an app now which allows you to view any Of their DVDs you own ( or wish to purchase!) on your IPad.

***For new vocab, letters, even EK, you can’t beat the ABC Apps. Don’t be fooled by their cartoon-style logo! We have ABC Wildlife, ABC House, ABC Music, ABC Food, and ABC Go! These are true gems, and even if your child is reading fluently, these are awesome.
They are set up so that when you open the app, the letters of the alphabet come up with real pictures of items beginning with each letter in that theme, at least 2-3 per letter. In addition, when you select a letter, it pulls up the picture of the item with the word underneath…AND either has a short activity or a short YouTube Clip with something applicable (all kid friendly!)
For example: in ABC Music, each letter has instruments or similar beginning with each letter, followed by a person, conductor, orchestra, band, etc using the item, then an activity or short YouTube Clip…under the letter C, you might choose conductor, or clarinet, or cornet, and be able to watch a very short clip from YouTube on a conductor leading an orchestra, etc…
I can’t say enough good things about the background in these…my kiddo loves to select C for cookie, and then watch a clip of cookies being prepared, baked, and iced!

Kerileanne99 & Korrale4kq , thks for recommending Grasshopper… my kid like it. She finds it interesting when the ebooks reads to her and response to whichever words she touches. :slight_smile: I guess i had like to start off with this same kind of books reading apps and if you do find more of the same type… please let me know :smiley: