Any grandmas out there?

Hi all! I am grandma to two delightful boys ages 1 & 3. My one year old grandson has Down Syndrome, and I am looking for successful ways to help him over the next few years, so he can keep up with his peers. He is strong, and strong willed, but a tiny boy at just over 14 pounds. Still, he crawls and pulls himself up, has great eye contact, but not too much verbal language. Hi to all! Looks like a great group of mamas out there. Always looking for ideas to help (unfortunately, long distance).
Schooligans

Hello!!! I am a Grandma too!
My Grandson is almost 6 months old. I am currently trying to find and do everything I can to keep him ahead. Or at least try to make sure he gets
a good education. I really dropped the ball with my kids… I didnt know anything about early education. An I hate to say my “dropping the ball” with my kids is part of the reason I am practically raising my Grandson (NO offense to anyone). I just feel like if I would have made sure my kids had a good education they would have been able to make better choices and be productive citizens. Well anyway sorry to ramble. I feel like I have a second chance with my Grandson.
Good luck to you
Melody

:smiley: hi i am grandma too .Ihave 8 year old boy. he has been leaving with me over 5 years now . He is autistic and nonverbal.Iam trying to give all my love and strength .Sometimes his issues are a bit worrying but with help from parents , therapy and most of all prayers I am breaking the ice.Sometimes they are difficult .Ieven asked for help from this forum and I get support .Iam iliterate on computer but ialways manged .I maneged to do even social stories and uploaded them . they work for kids for special need even LR when i do it for him he points .Good luck and wellcome to Brillkids.