Any effective Ipad Math apps for 2.5yo kid?

Hi,

any recommendation on the ipad apps for Math?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi BabyMum-
We have so many math apps and have tried so many others, that I can honestly tell you that one of he best, all inclusive math apps is called EuroTalk Math, ages 3-5. It is a bit pricy, free to download then about ten dollars US for the whole package. ( and do go for the whole thing!)
BUT! There are ten ā€˜topicsā€™ and each one has ten different tasks, each progressively harder. From the very basic up to addition/subtractiion. If I am remembering correctly, some of the topics cover everything from position, to geometry, to subitizing, to 1-1 correspondence, to much more advanced topics.

And itā€™s bright and cheerful and fun!
This is where I would start, and if you want even more challenging ones, I can at least give you a list of our favorite :slight_smile:

We also love the Eurotalk app. My older DD (3.5) can do most of it but even now loves to go back and go over the different sections repeatedly. Definitely get the full version.

Another fun app which was recommended to me previously by Keri is Bugs and Buttons - whilst this is not listed as a ā€œmathsā€ app, it covers lots of great maths concepts in a fun way (sorting, counting) and the graphics are amazing! My DD loved this when about that age.

Also quite fun is Park Math

Oh, and her absolute favourite maths apps when a bit younger were Monkey preschool lunchbox and Monkey Math Sunshine

HTH

I second euromath. That is out math go to right now because it covers so many concepts.
I have a Montessori app we like that covers the bead stairs and rods.
I also love how math is presented in the TeachMe kindergarten app.

Wellā€¦ thanks all for your sharing! I tried some other programs but he just want to play with the next button and stroke his fingers from left to right, he thinks its more fun ā€¦omg :frowning:

Kerileanne99 , how old is your kid when you start the EuroTalk math? Is mine too young for that? Btw, how old is your kid now? I havenā€™t download that yet as it is chargeableā€¦ would like to hear more about it before i buyā€¦

I started using euro math with James when he was a little over 2 years. He is now 2.75 years and he has gone through the whole app. But I reset it and make him do it again. :slight_smile: that way it reinforces the concepts. And he loves it. He has not gotten bored with it. And the app is simple enough that it does not over stimulate.
The app covers so many concepts that I canā€™t find in any other single app.
I am really hoping that they come out with more math apps. It is our #1 math app.

BabyMum-
We started using the EuroTalk Math App well before Alex was two! Your child is DEFINITELY not too young. The beauty of this app is that it has so many levels within each topic; a child can fly through the entry level learn to count, one-to-one correspondence, and eventually progress through far more advanced topicsā€¦and repeat as necessary for mastery. As I said, this is the most inclusive, well-rounded math app I have found! Truly a gem, well worth the cost!
Alex is now 2.75 years old, and although she is quite proficient at the concepts in the app, she still enjoys playing it occasionallyā€¦

You can also check or try Splash Math for 1st grade.