Any easier way for Notes Reading?

Hi, is there any easiest way to read notes. I find it difficult to remember… if there is some pictures to represent the notes. That will be great.
:biggrin:

HI, Go to www.familygames.com Download the FREE version of Notecard or Notecard 2.0
The early version of Notecard says that it’s for Windows 95 and 98 but it actually works great on Windows Xp and Windows 7. There’s other free games and APPs. You can find me and my email at mapleleafmusicschool.com – I’m in a bit of a hurry today, but I could give you more tips later. Skippy

Thanks Skippy. I’ve tried the notecard. I hope there is much more easier one to teach myself and my 3.5 yo kid… both of us are beginners… Trying hard to remember the Trebble Cleff and bass cleff notes … Does anyone has picture that represent each musical note… eg… Bass cleff B draw into a bird to rep note B… and so on… I am running out of ideas how to effectively let me remember those notes as there are too many notes to remember … especially when put on the music sheet, really needs time to recall :frowning:

I 've used like 'Good Burgers Deserves Fries Always" and “All Cows Eat Grass” … GBDFA & ACEG for bass cleff
“Every Green Bus Drives Fast” and “FACE” for treble cleff

but comes to notes on the sheet…it just takes too much time to recall and recite the alphabet… Hope someone got better method for sight notes reading. :slight_smile:

Spending a few minutes with flashcards every day will really help you internalize them. Start with a few and add more in. When you’re comfortable with that, sit at the keyboard and instead of naming the notes, play them on the piano.
For treble clef, the mnemonics I use are “Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge”, and “Fat Animals Can Eat” (many of my younger students didn’t know how to spell “face”, so this was easier.)
For Bass Clef, it’s “Good Boys Don’t Fight Animals” and “All Cars Eat Gas” or “All Cows Eat Grass”. The kids think it’s hilarious to mix the last two up.

A few other resources that may help:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUVF527FcA&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL050DFC4CDCB315A6

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2S1WFkFzTg&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL050DFC4CDCB315A6

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cobPVfJnxJg&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL050DFC4CDCB315A6

Here’s her channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Ec1UCC3LLAAgX3gvxBEXA

Master one first. Try treble clef notes in spaces first. Once you know all those instantly then try treble clef notes on lines.
Then move to base clef. I don’t recommend learning treble and base at the same time. It really does confuse children. ( and their mummies!)
Make yourself a staff ( print and laminate) and physically put the notes into the right spot. ( use buttons, you can colour match them to LR if you have it) Actually doing it actively rather than passively trying to remember them is very beneficial and loads more fun. Take turns with your kiddos making song challenges. You might say “ok build me AACCA” for your child to make.
I also think learning them in solfege at the same time is easier. Kids pick up that DO is C and sounds like this very quickly.

For treble I learnt that there is a FACE in the space. And Every Good Boy Deserves Fruit.
I never learnt a good mnemonic for Bass and I struggle with it to this day.

I did learn Gentlemen Dance At Eventing for my violin strings.

Just a side note on solfege. If you do teach them that “C” is “Do”, that you are teaching them fixed “do”. This is great if you live in a country where the orchestra tunes to “La”. There are some teaching methods that also use fixed “Do”, such as Yamaha and Soft Mozart, and for the most part, Little Musician (the altered syllables for accidentals are borrowed from movable Do). If on the other hand you don’t plan on using these programs and live in a country where they tune to “A”, there are many advantages to using movable “Do” as it helps internalize relative pitch. Knowing relative pitch is very handy for transposing music. Naturally you can still learn relative pitch if without using movable “do” to do it- you’ll just have to use different tools. The Kodaly method, which is used in many music programs in the United States, employs movable Do. Many choir teachers receive Kodaly or Orff training, which they will use in the classroom. FWIW, I’m teaching my own children movable “Do”. There are pros and cons to both, I just think it’s important to be aware of your options and decide before digging in. As a music major, I learned both and had enough background to switch easily between the two of them, but for beginners, trying to switch between the two is a lot more tricky.

http://www.professional-mothering.com/2012/10/movable-vs-fixed.html