Am I doing it right

i am using the learn to read software free trial versions with my nearly 12 month old and I just want to check I am doing it correctly.

We are doing two five minute session a day.

See is engage and gives it 100% of her attention. Should I be doing more then two session a day??

Thanks

I would say focus your attention on your baby’s reaction. Does she like these sessions? Is she fully concentrated? Is she asking for more? If yes, you can try to add one more session and see how she reacts to that change. If she will like it keep it 3 sessions a day. If she will lose interest you can go back to 2 sessions.

What I saw with my boy is that once I introduced 3 sessions a day he progressed to the point where he didn’t like to see the same session for 5 full days because he already learned those words. I had to choose to keep going 2 sessions a day and keep the same pace or to keep 3 times a day with only 3 days a week.

I’ve chosen the second scenario for him. I know other kids like repetition and 3 sessions a day for 5 days, so I guess you need to know how to play it right. There is no perfect answer to how much time you should or shouldn’t spend on your child’s lesson. Keep trying different methods and eventually, you will find the right system that works for your daughter.

Good luck

Hi Martusia,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Your wise word make perfect sense, I will focus on her reaction and try, trial and error to see how it goes.

I hope you and your son are progressing well.

agree with Martusia