Almost finish Little Reader, what's next?

Hello All,

My son loves the lessons on LR. He is 2.4 years old and can read a few simple books now. Besides going through LR daily lessons, I have been showing Flesch’s cards too. He will be graduating from LR in a couple weeks. After we complete the course, I am planning to download more lessons from LR library, and focus on phonics by going through LR phonic section all over again.

What else have you done with your children in regards to reading?

Thanks,

Elle

Downloading more files from the library (especially encyclopedic knowledge types and stories) is a good place to start.

You might also want to consider introducing foreign languages, or just exposing him to foreign language sounds by playing back foreign language LR files you can get from the library.

FYI, we plan to be releasing a lot more LR categories as separate content packs too, including the entire Pattern Phonics library and categories which never made it into the curriculum. Of course, also more stories like the Aesop’s Fables (Vol. 2 coming soon).

Apart from that, I would just suggest buying more books from the bookstore or borrowing from the library. Increasingly, he will be interested in reading stories instead of just learning words.

Thank you very much, KL.

Yes, that’s what I have been doing. :laugh: I have been downloading French language, and encyclopedic knowledge files from the library, showing them to him for 3 months now. He loves them. We normally do all LM, LR, French, Thai, and EK in one sitting (twice/day).

I am so thrilled to know that there will be more LR categories. I cannot wait for the release! :slight_smile:

Elle