Albert's milestone in 2 weeks of LR

yey! i’ve seen progress with my Albert - almost 10 months old son of mine… i couldn’t explain the wonderful feeling from a parent… he now knows how to:

1. kick
  2. wave
  3. clap

and i’m seeing enthusiasm with him everytime we put on LR… specially with the alphabet song… sooo sooooo excited on the next leaps…

That’s great! Any chance you could record a video of him responding to LR to share with the rest of us?

I will… as soon as I bought a video recorder… I’m really really proud and want the whole world to know it.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see a video!

paps,

i understand how u feel coz i feel it before …its a wonderful feeling rite?? gud job baby!!

i just cant wait to start teaching my 2nd baby to read using LR. Now I’m waiting for her to see the world as now I’m 38 weeks pregnant …My first baby Qarissa is now 20 months can read more than 100 words now!

GUd luck to u …

Congratulations!!! Is easy to know if our kid know when they are 1 or 2, but 10 months… I’m happy for you

definitely a great feeling… but nowadays seems he prefer YBCR than LR… is that normal? I’ve presented LR for about a month and when I introduced YBCR, he continuous to progress and as soon as 2 viewing, he knows how to raise his hands… but but he moves away when I show him LR… any advice if I should continue it? Also, I’ve prepared a 100 flashcards and seems that he moves away like when he watches LR… I’m kind a loosing my patience in teaching… I hope I’d stick…

I just finished Doman’s Reading and Math books and thinks of making a schedule that the sitter would follow… Will that be alright???

Hi paps, there is no such thing as ‘normal’. :slight_smile: Every child is different, and none of them are ‘abnormal’. :slight_smile:

If your son prefers YBCR now, then go with that for now! If later he prefers physical cards, then go with that! Just follow your child’s lead. We often hear from parents how their children’s preferences change from time to time. The most important thing is to not force it and keep lessons joyful.

One other tip you could try with LR is to make lessons personal for him. Eg., use your own pictures - ie., pictures he recognizes from his own life (eg., when teaching parts of the body, use pictures of his own or your own body parts!). Even videos! And you could focus more on the Categories which he likes.