Advise needed to teach 2.5yo kid music..

Hi , I do not know musical notes myself but i hope to teach my 2.5yo kid music, how should i start off with? So far we have watched Trebellina DVD and she likes it. Every day she gets to listen to classical music for 2 hours. And what else and how should i proceed ?

Many thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Don’t want to be a product pusher but you are not going to find a better program than Little Musician. I have a little with Down Syndrome,who just turned 4, in my daycare. She can read all notes middle c to high d. She knows at least 5 cords, with Soft Mozart she can play piano. My LO who is not disadvantaged can do more - he is 26 months. But - the point is that any child can get a good music education with Little Musician.

I second Little Musician. There is nothing like it.

Hi thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

sonya_post & Korrale4kq , are you using both Little Musician and the soft mozart program? I am quite confused that each of the program teaches… do we need both programs ? or is little musician good enough to let the kid learn to play music on a piano?

Besides going thru the programs , do we need to send them to piano lesson as well? or these program will enable them to play piano without coaching. I myself is without piano or music knowlege, thus i am still quite confused as to which program should i choose.

Can you or anyone enlighten me .

Thanks a million :slight_smile:

I don’t use soft Mozart, or have a piano. We are a month into Little musician and I am not sure if it will teach enough rudimentary piano. I am not using it for that though. It teachers music. Ear training, pitch, how to read notes, rhythm, music appreciation, solfege and more. Things all essential to learning any instrument.

I do have a electronic keyboard… not sure if Little Musician is good enough to get her into playing it? or we need the soft mozart ? Maybe anyone with Soft Mozart and Little Musician can advise us ?

Thanks

I use both. My advice for age 2.5 would be to spend a year with little musician then add in soft Mozart around age 4. Earlier if you have a kid who can focus and sit still.
Little musician alone won’t teach enough piano but it will teach amazing things. Chord recognition, perfect pitch, reading notes and some piano knowledge which will all transfer to soft Mozart beautifully. There really is no better start to a music education.
For a piano education you need more but to be honest teaching a 3 year old piano is hard work, so unless you are sure you kid is capable and you are dedicated to daily practice then hold off till near age 4 and spend you music time zipping through Lmusic.
Soft Mozart is wonderful! You don’t need outside lessons with it. There is a forum for aupport a d personal advice. If you know nothing about music you can still learn but best of all practice is FUN! it will teach note reading, perfect pitch, chords, rhythm and how to actually play piano. Even knowing this I still think little musician is the best start for under 4 years. Over 4 go for soft Mozart if you can only have one and get both if you possible can!

We use both. I love both. Brillkids is a music program and Soft Mozart is a piano teaching program. I suggest you check out Soft Mozart forums and ask questions over there. You can find my review of the programs here:

http://www.softmozart.com/forum/15-learning-experience/4120-little-musician-vs-soft-mozart.html