Additional Resources for teaching childen Spanish as a foreign language

We have been successfully using Little Reader Spanish with 3 of our children.

Recently we have been discussing some of the supplement materials EL parents are using for teaching their children Spanish. I would like to list some of the ones that we use personally and mention the ones that were recommended by others.

Little Pim Spanish – we did not use it, but we used Little Pim Mandarin and liked it a lot, so I assume their Spanish version would be great as well ( And it’s free for Amazon prime members)

Bilingual English-Spanish Series by Sarah Jordan Publishing. They come as audios with work-sheets and lesson plan for each song, which is really neat, as each song can be done as a mini-lesson on it own.

Elementary Spanish from Discovery Education. In general we love immersion programs for young learners, with our oldest being 6 though we realized that she actually enjoyed more of a slower pace bilingual Spanish lessons, there are more then 100 lessons there, they slowly progress from learning some basic words, greetings and on to more advanced concepts, there is a lot of review already built in, and each set of lessons comes with teachers guide and Black Line Masters, which is also very helpful. They are not for very young learners, but can be a good solution for kids 5+

We love listening to Spanish songs. Twin Sisters Spanish is good, for example

Whistlefritz are somewhat similar to Little Pim and would work really well together with Little Pim for young kids

Wink to Learn Spanish - more like a flashcard program, we used it before we got Spanish Little Reader, did not see the need for it, once Spanish Little reader was released as LR has many many time more words and more well rounded, but I heard that others liked it a lot!

Feel free to add the programs that you use and love!