Activities and toys for 9 month old

Can anyone tell me what your baby’s favorite toys or activity was at around 9 months?

Thank you

Leap Frog activity/musical table. They love it at this age!!! Also baby Signing time DVD’s.

musical instruments, toy mobile phone & laptop

Put some low furniture in the room to practise his standing and eventually walking from one to the other.

Put her on stairs. My daughter was climbing stairs (first by crawling, then by standing) by the time she was 7mo. Babies love this!!!

Feeding herself with a spoon.

Everything that makes sounds, a bottle with pees inside maybe, some kitchen wood spoons also stuff the rolls in the floor, again maybe platic bottle with paper of different colors inside and maybe some round little bells inside the bottle, blocks.
Also you can work senses in a basket you can put stuff made from different colors,shapes and textures…you know…like soft,rough,wood…you put the basket next to your child and he can play with all this cool stuff and feel the different textures. That is a fun one!!
My child is two now, I do the same but not in a basket anymore, I put all the stuff in a bag, she closes her eyes and has the chance to feel with her hand something and gets it out of the bag. she loves it!!everytime I put different stuff.
I got this idea from a Montessori book.

And very soon (I started with my DD at 11 months) give him/her something to draw with.
I was giving her pencils first as crayons need more pressure and are not as visually appealing as pencils-my opinion :slight_smile:

Colin loved balls. He would crawl and touch them and they would move and he would chase after them and laugh. The ball popper toy by Playskool. Tiny Love Musical Stack and Play is a wonderful toy.

i agree with this. My son also like climbing by the time he was 7 month too…
Climbing also can build up their muscle… :wub:

what about 4 months bb… what interest them??

Things hanging close to them they can reach for. Mobiles on bed and the floor exercisers for the 4 month old or things that make them want to crawl.

My baby is 14 months and she plays with her toys only for a few minutes …

She is always interested in the things which the adults use …

Instance like my computer, tv remote (Have already got 3 new remote control as my darling girl has broken them :-), magazines, handbag, cell phones etc …

More than playing my girl likes to explore the toys by breaking them …

Busy Box Musical Toddler Toy, IQ Baby, by Small World Toys. The perfect activity toy for busy & curious toddler! So much fun and so much to do!
Keep little minds learning with over 12 fun activities!

Press the Buttons to hear the different animal sounds!

Shape Sorter

Handle to take along with you!

Unlock with the “magic” key!

A pop-up “jack in the box” friend!

Clock to learn time & numbers

A traveling bear

Turn the sun & watch the gears go!

Call a friend for a play date

Peek-A-Boo Mirror and discovery door.
and so much more!!!
http://www.geniusbabies.com/busboxtodtoy.html

Can babies really climb stairs at 9 months

How about for 15 months? what activities could she do to be able to help her learn?

My baby started crawl-climb stairs when he was 10 mo. Now he can climb 2 floors at a stretch, but I prevent him after that…

Squealy toys, color sorting games, peek a boo, and a lot of walking outdoors/indoors - is what my son enjoys. He still doesnt like electronic toys, and had broken almost all toys he had…

@ zaku, karmas to you for your suggestion…

My DD was crawling up stairs around 8 months (early crawler and walker) - with me/husband/grandma behind her in case she slipped!

Noisy toys - my daughter loved playing with a screwtop cylidrical container with rice and a used formula milk tin (which had a bit of metal in it and was sealed with tape). She also loves the Kindermusik egg she was given at birth - egg shaped plastic with some sort of grain in it that makes a noise which fits in her hand nicely.

Board books.

As previously suggested - furniture a 9 month old can cruise along.

We have a Fisher Price equivalent (non-programmable) of the Leap Frog My Pal Violet/Scott (loves the songs etc) http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=lfprod19156

Click on the links below for activities to play with your baby 0-12 months.
Activities include: brain building, language and vocabulary, social and emotional, movement, motor control and hand eye coordination.

http://www.gameswithbaby.com/
http://www.gameswithbaby.com/9-12-months-baby-games.php

Hm… climbing stairs. As long as the baby knows how to climb back DOWN. Otherwise, this is a very dangerous game and will give the baby a false sense of security. It’s like being encouraged to walk too early, always being supported. The baby/toddler learns they’ll always be supported, and before you know it, they face-plant.

Just my opinion. And my experience.

My lo’s loved mirrors at that age, & my 3yo will still entertain herself by singing or dancing & watching herself in the mirror.

As for crawling up the stairs, I think that if a child is well supervised that the benefits far out weigh the risks. Not only is it a great way to explore, it is great excercise. Most importantly it is a wonderful cross pattern excercise & for those of you with babies that are not yet crawling, it is a great way to teach them to crawl. Again, it must be well supervised.

i agree if you watch them and teach them how to climb down as well it’s great fun and exercise
and i think it can be safer then not to