A new member from USA California easy bay area

Hi, Everyone,

I’m a new member registered just now, living in USA California, nearby San Francisco, easy bay area.

It’s very exciting to find this program and I plan to use it from now on.

My baby will due next March, but I believe he already started to learn now.

I’d like to make friends here. It’s my first baby and I don’t have any experience. Please give me some advice and share experience to me.

Hope can know you soon, and I belive you won’t be regret to make frind with me. I always want to help my friends too…

Coonie

Welcome Coonie to the forum. How exciting your first baby is coming! What a lucky baby to get you for a mum. A mummy who is interested in education and believes babies can learn!
This is a great community here you will find plenty of like minded people. Spend some time seating through past topics on areas that interest you and feel free to ask any specific questions you come up with.
You will find some infant stimulations cards under the free downloads, print those off and get them laminated ready for babies arrival.
Hope to here more from you soon. :slight_smile:

Hi Coonie! Welcome to the forum, I am so excited that you found out about early learning before your baby is even due!

One of the things I wish I had done is read a specific book or sang a specific song to my babies in the womb before they were born. Parents speak of the children recognizing the familiar stories and tunes after the baby has arrived. Have you downloaded the Teaching Your Baby E-books? That is a great place to start! You can find them on the “Free Trial” red tab at the top of the screen.

A study about hearing the cat in the hat in the womb: http://www.intropsych.com/ch10_development/sound_perception_in_the_womb.html

A study about remember the taste of carrot juice consumed in the womb: http://www.parentingscience.com/prenatal-learning-about-food.html

The books “Your Prenatal Classroom” and “Learning Before Birth” go deeper into these kinds of ideas, check your library or Amazon of if you are interested in learning more. Also, on my pinterest I linked an article on bonding before pregnancy if you would like to read it. www.pinterest.com/teachmytoddlers .

Good luck!