A day in the life of an early education loving family

Hey y’all,

Thought of starting a new topic …its basically explaining a day in the life of your baby’s and ur life (in regards to early education).I would love to hear from everyone.

Thanks,
Momtobaby

I’m just starting out on infant education, but here’s what we did today:

4 year old:

Woke up, got self ready

Met me at the calendar/map and we looked for 2 states. I made homemade Mobtessori 3-part cards (actually, I call them 4 part cards, because I have some facts on the back lol ). We looked for those states on our map, and matched the words to the states, and then read the facts.

Read BOB book, set 1 book 4, phonetic reader to me (I didn’t do whole word reading with my oldest) I read a book about conflict resolution in the family structure

Cooked pancakes/we talked about adding, it came out naturally

At the breakfast table, I set out a sudoku for me and some math and maze kumon workbook pages and a write and wipe letter (a) and number (11). The worksheets never got done (just not interested today, that’s okay). The write and wipe letter and number both got used.

Later in the morning, my 4 year old played cyberchase games on PBS kids website.

Spontaneously put a bottle of water in the freezer as an “investigation”. Later asked to watch a Sid the Science Kid and I found one about water freezing.

*I meant to show Vincent Van Gogh painting bits but now realize I forgot. But they are in a frame low on the wall and “Drawbridge at Arles” was showing today (I change it everyday)

We read 4 chapters of Magic Tree House # 6

Had lunch

Ran errands, listened to classical music on the way (Pandora). And heard my 4 year old counting to 8 in Jaoanese spontaneously. I got asked for 9 and 10, we got up to 14. Then guessed the next in a pattern sequence using Japanese numbers.

Read 4 more chapters in Magic Tree House

Spontaneous free play (legos, mostly)

Finished the last 2 chapters of Magic Tree House # 6

Spontaneous free play (pretended to write music with real quarter notes, a “script” for the “actor”, and appointed younger sister as “ballet person”)

At dinner table, did all of flesch cards set 1 as a game.

Did “4” part cards with two schliech dog figures (St. Bernard Puppy and Golden Retriever)

Violin Practice using one of the ideas I just got here. I made a paper box and twirled pieces of paper with various violin and non-violin exercises. Did pizzicato, correct bow holding (that pinky keeps wanting to go flat), and a few short “songs”, all in very fun exciting ways! We’ve never had such a fun or long lesson! I actually had to cut it short because we were already 30 minutes past bedtime.

And then, bed. :slight_smile:

13 month old:

Wake up, go to potty with mommy (over the course of the days potty trips, we read 1 Montessori touch number book and 1 touch letter sound book, and about 6 other board books)

Went to the calendar/map wall and watching us talk about 2 states

Did a Little Reader and Little Math Lesson

Sat at montessori-styled weaning table, with a red block crayon and paper. I wrote her name and spelled it for her.

Ate breakfast, with baby sized glassware and spoon

*forgot to do the Van Gogh bits as mentioned before

Free play (crawled around the house exploring)

At lunch table, I showed and named fir her the two schleich dog figures (some ones as my 4 year old, except no cards)

Ate lunch at weaning table with real glassware

Took a nap

Free played with Montessori toddler toys (discs in slot, ball imbucare box, sandpaper letters) and dominoes

Ran errands with family, classical music was playing, and overhead us talking about Japanese numbers

Did Little Reader and Little Math (we are still on the trial version. I’m crossing my fingers we get tax return money before we run out of trial days, we are both addicted lol). She said “donkey” before the voice did!

Free played on kitchen floor with baby utensils and tiny glassware

Ate dinner at weaning table, finger food this time, but wanted a straw so I cut a little one to go in her shot glass size cup of water

Free played on the floor with Montessori cylinder blocks and Melissa and Doug wire maze during violin lesson in same room

Bed :slight_smile:

Whew!

Wowwww Maquenzie…thats a lot that u covered in a day…good on u…keep up the great work momma:)
And on top of that u had to show it all x 3…

For 15 month old … Not including naps or Meals

watch LF letter factory 2x a day. He can say 16 out of 26 letters
Play and watch sprout or 2nd LF disc let’s go to school

Attend exploring playgroup with other tots his age once a week

LM and LR 2x a day
Counting 0-9 JG 4-5 x a day
Watch daily learning playlist on YouTube 1-2x a day. Consists of abc, counting to 20, colors, shapes,
Watch 1 DVD from preschool prep a day
Color, paint, or play with play dough
Explore outside everyday if weather permits
Swim with his daddy on the weekends