A blog just for the newbies

http://smartbabysmartkid.com/for-the-newbies-to-early-learning/

I just finished looking at your blog. Nice job. Keep it up. I would love to watch your blog grow. Anyway perhaps you could do an article on how to pick out books to improve print recognition - large print, words on blank page with illustrations on the adjoining page, etc. I love the geography section. I have a funny story. My daughter (now age 6) played stack the countries on the iPad. She had most of the countries in South America and Europe memorized. Then one day she overheard a conversation about europe. She was confused about why were discussing her game, because she thought the info was make believe and game specific. She didn’t understand the concept of country. She stopped playing that game about a year ago and may have forgotten the info. Her school hardly teaches geography, so I will need to teach it myself. Thanks for the map idea. Good Luck, Lori

Hi akalori,

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I am currently undertaking a degree in Early Childhood Education. Wow I never thought I would be so pushed to my limits but I want to be a great teacher.

I have been thinking about writing a piece on the Mummy Wars something that is a bit emotional topic for me. But I will certainly take on board your suggestions.

Now to find the time…

Kimba