7 months and need advice

Hi everyone,

I am now 7 months pregnant and I have a million questions that hopefully someone will have a few answers too.

We are also planning on having an annasissted home birth this time around too! So if anyone has experience…PLEASE SHARE! :wink:

1.) I want to wear my baby full time, but I have no idea which carrier or sling to buy? I need something VERY COMFORTABLE! :slight_smile: What did you use and REALLY LOVE???

2.) Which is the best electric breast pump to use often?

3.) With so many cloth diapers out there…I have NO IDEA what is good. If you do… please share. :wub:

4.) I used a boppy before, is a breast friend any better???

5.) I am also looking for an alternative to regular wipes. :wink:

THANKS A MILLION EVERYONE!!!

XOXO, Autumn

I had both the boppy and the brest friend. I preferred the brest friend because of the back support. But, I only used a nursing pillow for about two months. The boppy can be used for a support/hold for the baby outside of nursing, although I never used it that way. I don’t believe you can use the brest friend for that. So, if a dual purpose pillow is more important then you may prefer that.

I wore the maya wrap and still use the ergo. I never have tried any others to compare.

Good luck!

Thank you Krb!

Out of the two carriers which one is most comfortable to wear for extended periods, especially for back and shoulder comfort?

TIA! :slight_smile:

Autumn

Here is another thread that tells how to make your own baby wipes http://forum.brillkids.com/coffee-corner/diy-momthings-you-can-make-at-home/

I had both nursing pillows, and I agree with what krb said. It’s nice that the breast friend has back support, but you can’t use it for propping up your baby. I actually had a boppy and a travel breast friend, which was nice b/c I could take it anywhere.

I think Medela makes the best pumps. You’re going to want something electric, and they can get expensive. Do some shopping around and look at all the features. Then decide what you want and need. If you are going to use it every day then you’ll want a good one, and it might be worth the investment.

Hi,
Thank you knockaday. Did you use one of the Medela pumps in particular?

Seems I made a typo… I meant to say “unassisted home birth”. (No midwife)

So if anyone has experienced this I’d love your story and advice! Feel free to PM me.

Thanks again! :wink:

XOXO, Autumn

Autumn - I think the ergo has the best back support. However, for all day babywearing the sling style of the maya wrap is nice. Plus you can exercise many different positions with the Maya as the baby ages.

I had the medela double pump that comes in a bagpack and I don’t think I could have lived without it. If you live in the States, I would suggest you register as a Babiesrus member, since you have a couple of months they may start sending you a coupon every month. They usually are for 15% or 20% off in one item, that in a pump can be around a $55 discount (not bad). This is the link of the onew I own http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2815290

Hi,

Much appreciation krb and Joha! :wub:

XOXO, Autumn

No, I had a hospital grade pump that was given to me through a milkbank b/c I was donating breastmilk :slight_smile: My sister has a medela though. That’s what we used in the hospital.

Wow Nikki that is nice. I couldn’t even produce enough for my daughter :frowning:

Wow, that was QUITE generous of you Nikki. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the advice!

Best Regards,
Autumn

I was more than happy to do it. Here’s their site if anyone is interested http://www.nationalmilkbank.org/

RE: breast pump: I used the single Avent electric pump which I thought was good but the motor bit was a little heavy which you put on top of the bottle and it wasn’t very good when you had to leave it so you could stand the bottle alone, it comes with a extra bit which you stand the bottle on, but its so short that the bottle just topples over so you have to hold it or take the top bit off. Its definately worth getting an electric breastpump but I don’t think the Avent one is that good, it also leaks a little too.

RE: baby carrier: I have the bjorn air, which is light and great for out and about but if you are looking for back support that I suggest the Ergo. http://www.first-time-mums.com/ go to articles and read about baby carriers.

hope this helps

Linda

Thank you Linda. :slight_smile:

XOXO, Autumn

Hi Autumn,

I used the Bjorn “Active” - this has extra back support (only for when your baby can hold his head up). I also used a “Cuddle Wrap” ALOT!!! It looks confusing (comes with a demonstration dvd), but once you’ve got the wrap figured out it holds the baby so nice and close to your heart. My son was always so happy when he was in there…safe and SECURE. I only had success with a sling once - when he was superbly tired but if I have a second child I’d try the sling again. But I had the most success with the Cuddle Wrap.

I had a boppy & loved it - so easy to put on - you can be holding your baby with one arm and put it on with the other.

I had big plans for cloth diapers, but alas, we went with disposables…sorry.

Thanks Kizudo! :slight_smile:

Autumm,

I just found a 15% coupon from Babiesrus. It expires March 4th, but I could put it in the mail first thing Monday morning if you want it to buy your pump. Just PM with your address in case you want it.

I’m sorry I didn’t find it earlier :blush:

I had both the carrier and the sling. My hubby use the carrier and i use the sling. The sling can be used to cover your baby when you breastfeed and it can also double up as a blanket for your little one when you are outside

I’m currently using Medela Dual Electric Breast Pump. In fact i have 2 of them one at home and another in the office. It is heavy to carry around but it is definately a good buy and worth it if you are pumping exclusively / dont have the luxury of time / intend to use it for your next child. A professional pump in effective emptying your breast. I use it together with Supershields and pumping pal original handsfree breast pumping strap.