6 MONTH OLD CAN READ WORDS AND ALSO PICK UP THE RIGHT EK CARDS!!

I am delighted to let u all know that from the time my baby turned 6 months old …she could pick up a range of word cards and EK cards rightly. I initially thought that it was just a coincidence but then found that…that was not the case. She is getting it right each and every time. As far as LR goes…she is starting to recognize certain Action words…especially smile and clap…right when the word smile comes …she will smile (before the picture of the smiling girl comes). She is now 7 months.

Wow! That is great. Keep up the good work!

Awesome! Good job exposing her to a quality education from the beginning, and good job to your little one too! Keep it up Momma :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone…I will try and post a video soon… :slight_smile:

This is really inspiring …

Will wait for the video…

How do you teach your baby EK?
What category ?
Do you only teach him the bits or do oyu teach him POI also?

Thanks

Congrats Momtobaby,

I imagien how gratifying it is not only during the process of showing the EK cards but having the results ou are getting. Keep the hard word, it certainly is an inspiration to other parents.

Thanks a lot for the lovely comments 2010BEBES…It definitely is more gratifying to be able to teach my baby…I absolutely look forward to teaching (well we call it playing :)) her everyday…the fact that I am imparting knowledge into her and that she is receptive of it is what gives me more happiness than the results. I am sure we are all looking at the long term results than the short term ones.

Hi,

Can you advice.

1. How many time in a day did you show baby the cards.
  2. How many words did you show in a day.
  3. When do you add new words…etc…

I am keen on starting home designed flash card for my daughter who is 3.5 months old now.

Thanks,

Hi Vibes,

I started flashing cards to her when she turned 5 months. I started of with showing her cards about twice a day (ideally it should be 3 times a day). I did not follow the Doman method exactly…because I believe each child is different and their capacities are also different. I showed her 10 word cards from each category. I retired cards only after a week but added new cards almost every other day…so yeah by the end of the week instead of 10 cards a day we end up with 16 more cards in each category. Worked perfectly for us. According to Doman u should retire and more quickly. Every week 1 day is a free day without any flash cards. Just go with the flow and follow ur baby’s instincts…if she/he is picking up quickly u can add more number of cards. According to Doman u should always stop before the child wants to stop.

Good luck ,
Regards,
Momtobaby

Hi,

Thank you very much… will try and follow the same. Did you also introduce Maths to her?

Thanks,

Ur welcome Vibes…I am using LM for maths.

Hi Momtobaby,

I am using the Doman cards as well.

But, I also show her the object corresponding to the word, just so that she knows what that word is. it takes a whole lot longer though. I am worried that bay will know what a word reads but will not know what it is. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Well like u said after a while it gets impossible to flash both word and picture cards together. That’s when LR comes useful…try the trial version and see how u like it. Like I said…we only show words to her and then pictures differently more like EK cards. LR shows the word and then the corresponding picture immediately. Its also impossible to show all the items we teach our babies in person…isn’t it…only so much u can show them so that they can feel,touch,taste etc.I also don’t flash 3 times a day…its more like twice or sometimes even once a day for us. I don’t want her to get bored and dislike flash cards and so I make sure I don’t flash too many times…plus if u are using LR, ybcr etc…then I guess flashing once or twice is more than enough. We also take weekends off these days…and then on monday when I take the cards out she gets very excited. Again there are two schools of though here…there are people who think u should follow exactly what Doman says…that is flash 3 times a day and be very consistent…but in a real life situation …atleast for us its not possible. Well…regarding not understanding the meaning of a word…I guess they will eventually learn it …we all did …didn’t we.

Thanks Momtobaby.

Kinda new to this world…what is LR …LM…EK…stand for?

LR = Little Reader (brillkids software)
LM = Little Math (Brillkids software)
EK = Encyclopedic Knowledge

Good job, keep it up! :slight_smile:

Just got my LR/LM in the mail today. Looking forward to using them!

Congratulations!!! I wish your baby continued success in their learning process throughout the years. I will definitely keep your advice in mind to stop before he loses interest and to add cards during the week while I am teaching my baby. Thank you so much for sharing your success it gives me confidence my baby can learn too.

Well done… great job :slight_smile: