5 years old

hello :happy:
i have a problem with lR that i had it when my kid was aaround 2 amd half and she didn’t pay attention to it
but i used it not every day ,
now she is 5 1/2 in the first grade
is it good for her for the second language??

and i have a son who is 3 years should i show him LR with mother language or second language??

thanks for reply,

Show it to both children in both languages. Then they can learn a second language together and learn to read in both languages simultaneously.

I’d be careful about that, at that age they learn very differently and LR can get boring to them.
for language teaching you could use the picture parts and multi sensory maybe. For reading in English could use the phonics parts. - for both kidz, though the 3 year old could still make use of the flashcards.

If your older child does become bored using the flash cards section in her native tongue then let her do some drawing or star jumps for that section. But cross that bridge if you come to it. You can’t predict if she will love learning along with her sister or not until you start.
Older children can learn differently from younger ones but at 5 she can benefit from both ways. Flash cards and phonics. Her brain is developing between the two ways of learning.
For a second language show both of them all of it and ask the older one to speak the words out loud also. This encourages her vocabulary development and the younger one will likely join in. lots of people have taught second languages this way, even for older kids.