5-Year Old Playing the Ukulele - Incredible!

This is a must see!! Incredibly cute and amazing talent!

btw, in case you’ve never heard of a ukulele (like me!), here’s what it says on Wiki:

The ukulele (pronounced /ˌjuːkəˈleɪliː/ YOO-kə-LAY-lee, from Hawaiian: ʻukulele [ˈʔukuˈlele]; variantly spelled ukelele in the UK), sometimes abbreviated as the uke, is a chordophone classified as a plucked lute; it is a subset of the guitar family of instruments, generally with four nylon or gut strings or four courses of strings.[1]

The ukulele originated in the 19th century as a Hawaiian interpretation of a small guitar-like instrument brought to Hawaiʻi by Portuguese immigrants.[2] It gained great popularity elsewhere in the United States during the early 20th century, and from there spread internationally.

Tone and volume of the instrument vary with size and construction. Ukuleles commonly come in four sizes: soprano, concert, tenor, and baritone.

Cute :laugh:

I liked it!

My husband got Ukulele for our girl a couple of months ago, she loves it. Her favourite thing is her dad playing guitar for her, so when she got her little one, she is trying to copy him, and holds it and strums it.

That gives me a vision, may be one day she will actually play it :yes: :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing!

That remided me of the youtube videos that we watched with our little girl, 3 and then 5 year old boy playing violin with famous violin player Andre Rieu. It is pretty amaizing, but what I found amaizing, my girl would watch those videos and ask more more and more to watch it, ever since she was just 5 month. Right now she would clap her hands ( she just learned) and do her “more sign”… I think there is something fascinating for her to see a little boy, just a bit bigger then her playing so amaizingly, and then everyone applauding :slight_smile:

I will share those videos for all!

Actually, thinking of it, children are amaizing. My MIL told me that my husband at 6 was playing guitar for other children to sing along. Of course, she was a professional performer, and he got to see her perform and sing and play from very young age, but it just shows that if childen are given opportunities they can really progress in those areas. He was performing for large crowds and in music clubs in Italy when he was 7 and then on TV when 8. But amazing thing, – he was never formally trained, he still does not read music, only plays by ear…