5 Year old composed her first song

I feel really bad because I haven’t been on this forum in a while. I have just been so busy with homeschooling I haven’t had time. Even though it’s been a while I thought I would give an update on my dd Lola. She just turned 5 and has been using Little Musician since she was about 2 years old. She actually made it on one of their YouTube videos for Little Musician when she was 2 1/2. She is starting to play songs by ear and to sight read. The other night she had a song she made up stuck in her head. She asked me to help her write it down so she could be a composer.

She’s not perfect as she plays an extra re in the beginning, but she did pretty good considering she has never been to a music class before and I don’t know how to play an instrument or know much about music. She may not play piano perfectly but she loves to play and will do it everyday without me asking her to. I just wanted to thank KL and everybody involved with making Little Musician. Without Little Musician Lola would not have been able to learn music or to play the piano in such an effortless way (or at all). If you look at her face in the video when she plays piano it’s just pure joy.

http://youtu.be/9wJ6wHDUSRA

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us!
Are you learning music with Soft Mozart? I just asking because I see piano key guides

That’s awesome!! :smiley:

Reminds me of the time when Felicity was also composing songs when she was young. She would just hum out a tune in her head and often add lyrics to them. I think her first every song was when she was around 4, called “Bye Bye Ema”, about saying bye to Ema the dinosaur who was about to go extinct with the rest of the dinosaurs. It was only like 3 lines long, haha…

Do keep it up and keep on sharing!

KL

We bought the year subscription to softmozart. She loves it and can already play hot cross buns.

that’s amazing my Daughter has got three notes. the same three notes, over and over again :noo:

Congrats your child is really a music star

aww that’s so sweet, your kid will be a super start :slight_smile:

How wonderful she is! That 's amazing!

She is so talented .

We are so happy to hear that!
Are you aware that Olya can participate in our May-June recital and your family will receive scholarship discount for the next year?

Wow! Great!
In music I II and III in Major and Minor are essetial.
Do you remember ‘Carol of the Bells’? It is I II III in Minor.

We developed a curriculum that uses I II III as foundation for many important musical concepts.

Our students play, sing, listen to, transpose, watch a unique fairy tale, work with special characters, sight-read I II III. It helps them to develop their musicanship and communicate with music 1 on 1.

Here is the description of this particular course with a lot of illustrations and videos: http://pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/transposing-course-for-very-young-i-ii-iii-major-and-minor-step-and-half-step

You have a very capable child. As a beginner, she is really very good. I once taught my son to play the piano, but he generally did not succeed. I started taking him to concerts of fortipian music performers and only then I saw what he really liked. Therefore, if the child really likes that problems should not be.Really recommend to drive children to various events. It really develops and gives new inspiration for them. Recently went on Gregory Popovich’s Comedy Pet Theater. More information is available here https://best-vegas.com/events-next-14-days/. Recommend

Amazing talent