4 months and 21 months

Hi,

I would like to ask some seasoned mums and dads/early learning educators what they would suggest for my girls who are 4 months and 21 months.
I have serious case of baby brain and can’t remember what I did with her older sister at that age.
I am especially interested in getting some new activity ideas for my 21 months old daughter. We do a lot of Montessori/practical life activities but that is about it. I feel that she needs more than that but I don’t have a lot of time being alone with them 24/7 (my husband works away) to research for lesson planning.
If anyone can suggest a few activities their toddler enjoys doing at the moment that would be great - (or a book suggesting activities for this age.)
As for my youngest daughter, what would you suggest? We do a lot of mobility fun activities and I have some baby art displayed but I need to replace them as they were intended for newborns and she is now interested in colors more! We also have a Montessori setting for her so she does have a mirror, hanging toys…etc.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Deb

Hi there
I have a 21 month old boy. Our favourite activities include the following:
Reading books/look through picture books
Threading
Playing with shapes / coloured bean bags
Riding on mini-bike
Walk on a taped line
Listening to music / dancing
Colouring
Painting
Playing with play dough
I have LM, LR and LMusician, and I think they are excellent
Pin the pegs on a paper
Post different size objects
Build puzzles (very easy ones, wooden puzzels)
Shape sorter
Books, books and more books!
Play with plastic animals

Hope this helps.

Annabel

Hello there.

My little girl is also 21 months old and we do a lot of what Annieko mentioned.
She loves to be outside. Enjoys going for walks, climbing a jungle gym, bouncing on a trampoline, riding her push bike, pushing her pram or trolley. She really enjoys bouncing around on an inflatable cow that we have.
She’s also very into jigsaw puzzles, loves Counting Bears, pouring, play dough etc.
A website that I really like is www.1plus1plus1eqauls1.net I subscribe to her blog and website and receive emails of her posts. Her children are older but you can search for posts when they were younger and there are a lot of pictures which give you great ideas.
She enjoys Little Reader & Little Musician software, Monkisee DVDs and flash cards and Starfall.com
Enjoy your little ones!