2 yr old Storytelling of The Three Little Pigs

Hi,

My 2yr old boy enjoys storytelling with the use of this felt story board material. I found this material very helpful in enhancing verbal skills, imagination and creativity.It comes in different story boards. He is seen in this video sharing the story of the Three Little Pigs. Although the story board is that of Old McDonald’s Farm, he creates different stories based on the materials he has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQguJkSWcSk

Hi zaja,

Your son can speak very well. How old exactly is he? I’ve got a similar felt story board except it is that of the red riding hood. I introduced it to her when she was about 20mths, and she wasn’t very keen on it. Now that she is turing 27 months soon, maybe it’s a good time to introduce it again. Thanks for reminding. I got this felt board at a closing down sales and would wish to get more of the similar kind. Please advise on where to get them.
Thanks.

Hi Susan,

He was doing this storytelling at 30 months old. Yes the story boards are very good. It’s a good idea to re-introduce it to your daughter. Maybe she will like it now. Make it fun by changing the tone of your voice, asking questions on the story and allowing her to stick the pieces on the board. I’m sure one day she will do the storytelling by herself. I got the boards from a local shop in Sydney called learn4fun. I saw some at ToysRus.

Thanks Zaja. My girl is generally very talkative. She likes to ask questions more than telling them. I think they are at their “talking machine” age. :slight_smile: By the way i love watching the vedios of him reading. Awesome!

I have a bunch of felt boards and my son now 5 never should interest. But perhaps the next one will like them more

Zaja, thanks for sharing. I always look for ideas or things to give as birthday presents and usually i give books. I am fond of every educational game. This felt book looks very good. My grandson plays somewha like that with some stickers that can be place over a cardboard.
He likes story telling a lot and not just to listen to them. Today while at church i gave him a little ‘fable’ book to see the animals and i hear him whispering ‘One morning when the animals…’ It deffinitely impreoves his creativity.
I will also look for those type of books.
What nice videos we see from Zach. He seems to be a very happy boy.

Hi zaja,

Your son is amazing !

I tell stories to my daughters but was not using any material, with
just facial expressions and voice variation !

This is a nice idea!

Thanks for sharing this !

• Kreena

Thanks Susan, waterdreamer, 2010BEBES and kreena! It’s good that we can find and share different ways to stimulate our child’s imagination and creativity. :slight_smile:

Very cute! :slight_smile: