19mth old baby Encyclopedic Journey

She is so adorable.I loved watching this. It gave me many excellent ideas for teaching new things to my dd.

where do you get your cards from?
great job with your little girl
she is so smart

Thanks! Hope it inspired more parents to do the same! I just think if we really flash and stimulate them correctly, their right brain capabilities will be nurtured. Now she only needs to be flashed once or twice and she can remember the word.
She even surprised us recently by actually pointing out and saying ‘Einstein’ when she saw Albert Einstein picture on the wall!

Hi sorry for late reply… I made some home made ones and bought some from Glenn doman. She is so fast, I need to keep making and sourcing from brillkids. Actually I use some pictures from Brillkids media library and just print onto A4 and laminate.

Oh my!! :biggrin: She is amazing. This gave me so much inspiration. I have been home with my son for almost a year now. Unfortunately, I have to return to work when he turns 1 year and 4 months. I am afraid that he will digress on everything I had taught him. I hope doesn’t lose the things he had already learned. I am also afraid of the limited time I have now to teach him new things. He have been using Doman cards, Doman math, YBCR, and other flashcards. He is beginning to show signs of understanding the words he sees. I just hope that my son will continue to enjoy learning.

sigh wish I could stay home with my son and teach him so much more! :frowning:

wow thats great! every time I turn the camera on for my kiddos, the act like they have never seen the cards before and I am some crazy person trying to get them to look at them! when the camera is off, they know every card I show them! little stinkers!

I AM A FULL TIME WORKING MUM AND I SQUEEZE EVERY MIN I CAN TO STIMULTE MY BABY… IN SINGING, IN PLAYING OR JUST TALKING WHILE WALKING…READ LOTS OF SIGNS AND ADVERTISEMENTS ON THE WAY…

I HOPE TO INSPIRE MORE PARENTS TO DO THE SAME. OUR KIDS ARE GENIUSES, DONT WASTE THEIR TIME!

JUST A FEW MIN A DAY WILL DO!

SO DONT WORRY IF YOU CANNOT STAY AT HOME… JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT WASTE ANY MIN WITH THEM!

GOOD LUCK PARENTS! YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY FANTASTIC!

POSTING A VIDEO OF MY GAL READING KINDERGARTEN SENTENCES AT 19MTHS OLD…

I have a 14 month old baby girl, Ella. How did you start teaching your amazing little girl encyclopedic knowledge? It seems overwhelming to me - I mean, there is so much to teach and so little time. Can you tell me how to start in really specific terms? Thanks!

aMAGING : :slight_smile:

wE GOT NEW IDEAS TO TEACH THE CHILD…

THANKS

congrats! she is adorable and speaks soo well at 19 months. It was encouraging to see that you started at 14 months :slight_smile: and also, encouraging to see that you are a full time mother. We need a full time mommy forum here… :biggrin:

I am curious, did you do reading and math with her also and when did you start those? And how many different categories of cards do you flash her in one day? Also, when showing her inventors, did you first time around the category tell her only the names and then second time add the fact about what they invented or were you able to do that simulatenously. I have always been confused about that.

I am doing math and reading with my daughter. I don’t have time to do Encyclo K yet but I am dying to start it soon.

thanks sooo much for sharing and the encouraging words and taking time out to answer our questions!

hi, thanks for the comments. I am full time WORKING mum so i only got a few hours in the night with her.

I started at 6mths with her on maths, english and mandarin and only started encyclo to her abt 14mths old. This is because i realise she is pretty fast in capturing reading words so I wanted to expand her encyclo K. I didnt know if it will work.

With GD, you are supposed to flash the pictures to them for 10 days saying the name of the person. Then another 1 fact for another 10 days. there are total of 10 facts on the back of each card. The only thing i dont like about this is my gal cannot read the name of the inventor or composer or the name of the country so I had to make my own with the same photo but the name at the back so that she can read the words.

I also find that the facts behind is too long to read if doing the flashing fast…I used this in between new words flashcards so as to inject some freshness into the sessions.

I am doing flags, inventors and composers. Now i did my own famous artists, instruments and shapes.
She can pick up words from books already so guess its important to give them extra knowledge.
We can always revise these with them all the time! even bath time, i will tell her ’ ok lets do composers’ then ask her ‘Franz? " and she will say ‘Szubert’, Me : Ludwig? and she will say ’ Beethovan’

You guys can visit youtube.com so see her advancement and my flashing method… to share with all! I believe if we work hard enough, our kids will see a better future and a nicer world to live in next time! thanks!