19-month Old Robert Counting in Two Languages

Fiesty Robert loves Little Math, Babybit, and basically everything that has numbers but Little Math is the first thing he requests upon opening the computer. He has been counting all sorts of things since he’s a year old and knows one-to-one correspondence of up to 10 quantities (as far as we have tested him). We would show a number of fingers and he would correctly identify the quantity.

Here at 19-months old, he counts to 10 in Filipino and to 24 in English before he lost interest (he counts up to 30 if in the mood). A great thanks to Brillkids and all the inspiration and support we get here in the forum. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAfdbXo_PsE&sns=em

He is so cute! Thank you for sharing! :biggrin:

Robert the Fiesty really IS feisty! He has grown so much, and what a cutie!

I guess he must be to keep up with Big sister Cammie :biggrin:
Does she enjoy teaching him herself? Soo sweet.

Thanks for the update. It is always amazing to see how fast other kids grow and learn. I see it on a daily basis with Alex, and somehow still think that the other children we catch glimpses of are somehow frozen in time lol

Oooh! Completely off topic, but before I forget, I ordered a package of ‘fun’ summer materials for Alex, which she is enjoying…one of which is, (insert drumroll) a new Penrose the Cat Math Adventures book completely centered on math puzzles!!!
A summer present for Cammie???!

Puzzles From Penrose the Mathematical Cat
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1884550703?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Thank you Keri and Kristiina!

Yes Cammie loves “testing” her baby brother. I’m baffled because he pays more attention to her than me! He just laughs at me when I test him :smiley:

Penrose Math Puzzles looks great! It’ll be a perfect alternative activity for us since we’re doing much of word problems now. Thank you! Hugs to Princess Alex! Cammie has the same addiction. Aside from Disney characters, she also loves to be “Queen Esther” from Bible study or “Queen Hutepi” from our Egyptian History lessons. :slight_smile: