13 month old doesn't crawl "correctly"

My youngest never learned to crawl on all 4s? I’m not convinced this will cause her problems later, but can someone lead me to some sources that talk about this either way?

She started scooting around at 10 months, I think. Both arms, then the legs, one in front of the other.

My oldest was slow-ish on gross motor as well, but not this slow. And crawled correctly.

She is cruising and will most likely never crawl “correctly”.

She has spoken in 5-7 word sentences for several months now and either read or predicted a word on a PowerPoint show.

I wouldn’ worry about how she crawls as long as she does crawl. Even then some children skip crawling all together. My youngest never crawled. She scooted on her bottom to get from point A to point B. But she also had a tethered spinal cord ( closed spina bifida). She didn’t learn to actually crawl until the age of 2 1/2.Even then she had no use to crawl because she was walking by then.

I’ve seen some children do the Army Crawl. Even on our YBCR video a little girl seemed to bend at one knee and push with the other leg.

All children develop at different rates as long as they are meeting their milestones I wouldn’t worry. Also comparing other siblings is like comparing apples to oranges.

My oldest didn’t sit up until the age of 9 months, didn’t crawl until closer to a year etc. She was a late bloomer. But now she is 13 , smart as a whip and loves to swim, play volleyball, soccer etc.

My 2nd daughter started sitting up at age 6 months, was crawling by 8 months was walking at 13 months. She loves to read, has issues with math and we’ve been working on speech issues since she was little.

My 3rd daugher developed much the same as my 2nd daughter.

My 4th daughter developed in her own way. Didn’t sit up until a year, didn’t crawl until 2 1/2 yrs old, and didn’t walk until about 18 months old, but scootched on her bottom,(due to physical health issues)…

My daughter never crawled. She started to walk at 8.5 months and was really early with different skills, however she just would not crawl… So even though I think it is good for baby’s development, some just skip it… So with my son we started on the crawling track from birth and he just loved it, very differently from his sister.