Why would my neighbours kid behave like this?

I have the same thoughts cokers4life. Where I’m from in Australia, it was very rare to see anyone associate with their neighbours, they really kept to themselves. I didn’t even go past to saying more than just hello to my neighbour of 22 years. In France, people are overly friendly with the neighbours or even strangers on the street and it really bothers me. I’m not very trusting of people and I’m really observant so I realised that I’ve become quite the snob myself. You can’t trust just anybody.

FYI. I talked with the child’s mother last night about this incident since I finally saw them for the first time. She did break down when I told her because she told me that at her daughter’s old school she was frequently sexually harassed by 5 boys at her school who would show her their penis and would make her pull her pants down.

They relocated 2 hours away for their work after wanting to have a fresh start but she said she didn’t realise it was going to become an issue and it has really made her realise that something has to be done. I told her that relocating away from the problem is not enough. This girl obviously is going to become a problem and she hasn’t started at her new school yet. Now my daughter is a victim of a victim and I told her under no circumstances is her daughter allowed to set foot in my house again. She won’t be associating with her unless it’s on the balcony and just walking past.

I’m going to admit that I don’t believe her when she says that she is going to take her to counselling. I was at their house last night (alone) and I was shocked at how they behaved with their friends in front of their children. If this was my daughter, I would have gotten counselling for her the minute I learned about these incidences or as soon as I could find the next available time slot. She says she has never been sexually abused but how is she to know that? I even cried myself and thanking myself everyday for always being extra vigilant and observant towards my daughters associates and her needs because it could have been worse if I never observed her behaviour ‘suspiciously’ from the start.

The family thanked me for letting them know because If I never said anything, she could have done something very serious and now they know to be careful with her and know this needs to stop.