what do you do to save money?

I dont know if you will agree with me but, sometimes when we list down all our expenses for the month, add it up and subtract it to the total household income… SURPRISE! Most of the time it will turn out to be negative… One solution might be keeping the expenses steady and finding ways to increase the household income… maybe an additional job or sideline… or a small business could help…

good day!

I use coupons from the sunday newspaper.

Dear All,

A friend told me she saw this on Oprah’s show:

http://www.couponmom.com/

Enjoy!
Ayesha :slight_smile:

Dear All,

Another good author/radio & tv show/website about saving money >

http://clarkhoward.com/

• Ayesha :slight_smile:

I use coupons.com a lot. I also go to walmart.com and order thefree samples. If nothing else, it makes my shampoo, soap, etc last longer because I get 1-2 uses from the samples. I sign up at all the websites where I use the regular products, like huggies, pampers, lysol, mr. clean, johnson & johnson etc. They send free samples and coupons to me in the mail all the time. I am also signed up at some local restaurants that mail and e-mail me coupons for free items or percentages off the bill.

Once I make my grocery list I go through the internet and search for coupons for that product. Then when I get to the store I compare the price with the coupon to the grocery store brand and buy the cheapest. Harveys in my town runs specials on Wednesdays on meats and I buy in bulk when that happens.

I also take leftover vegetables that aren’t enough to make for lunch the next day and freeze them. Then when I get enough I put in a pot with broth or tomato juice and make soup. I usually only add some ground turkey to make it a meat and veggie soup.

But when my son finally starts using the Potty full time, I will save lots of money on my monthly budget! :yes:

I am starting to make my own household cleaners, baby wipes, laundry items, recycling clothes into purses, quilts, and pillows. I have been cutting back on the household cleaners that are potencially harmful to my toddler and replacing them with prodcuts that i make that still cleans suffecient. I also recycle my paper into making new paper, by using the lent from the dryer, and a screen I can make my own paper. Buying generic items instead of the name brand items, and watching the sales adds to match prices. There are tons if items that you can make given that you have the time. I make soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc. not just for me but the kids, and the dog. We have started growing our own garden in the house using a Jiffy greenhouse. I buy clothing, and toys from the local thrift stores, yard sales, and second hand stores. The clothing that we out grow goes to making quilts for us and our community for free. We like to share our blessings with others.