What brought you here?

A year and a three quarters ago my sister (kiwimum) got YBCR and put her little baby in front of it.

I remember thinking how creepy it was that she was so absorbed in the DVD. But wow, imagine if she could take in just a tiny fraction of what she was watching, that would be amazing!

Then she discovered baby sign.
I spent a lot of time at her house, helping to introduce and remember new signs, reading books to Chloe and putting labels on everything with masking tape. input input input.
I think it was about a year ago that we discovered LR and this amazing forum.

…then we got pregnant :slight_smile:
I scour the forum and the EL facebook group links almost daily.
I purchased LR, LM and LMs at 4 months.
Read “how smart is your baby” again at 6 months.
Last week I finally let myself start making black and white infant stimulation cards and some flashcards (action words, common animals, colours, family members)
This week i’ll try and gather together the materials for a crawling track…
I’ve got a box of YBCR material and a bunch of EL-graffitied childrens books coming from my sister.

Two months till he’s due to arrive.
Cant wait to meet him and start our EL journey… I wonder what will happen next!

Thank you Tamsyn for this post!
When my twins were 11-12 months old I was quite worried about their development. Something had to be “special” in either one or the other. She was so advanced in comparison. If she was “normal” then maybe he had some problem, and if he was “normal”, then she was very advanced. So I googled a lot on baby development stages and somehow I got to Brillkids page. When I saw those babies reading… I just had to try and give that incredible chance to my children!! I read Doman’s books… everything made sense… So after a few tries I found my way with Little Reader for English and my own files for Spanish, Little Math, Little Musician… And here we are, at 20 months. They have learnt large amounts of things, although now I’m not keeping track anymore because I stopped testing a few months ago. At first they liked to perform, but after some months I felt I was losing them because of that. So now, absolutely no testing and input, input, input… There are still large differences between them, but my son has been able to learn the alphabet, lots of sightwords, shapes, numerals, etc, so now I’m convinced there’s nothing I should worry about.