Weekly goals

Hypatia,
Maybe I’m misunderstanding your last post…when I opened the attachement it was EXACTLY mine…no changes. DID you make changes and attach the original instead of the updated one? Or were you asking me to make the changes?
Kizudo

where did you attach your weekly goals??
thank you .

Oh I got it … thanks :slight_smile: it is really helpful…

Silly me… I had saved both documents in 2 different folders… I have attached the correct one to my previous post. Sorry :rolleyes:

I have no discipline, This week, I’m work hard for do better. I think it is very important, especially because of my kids.

Wow! This sound very cool! how much time do you spend, an average, teaching your child a day? I have a 2.5 month old and an almost 5 year old, and really struggle juggling the home responsibilities, work and having a structured educational setting.
With our first born I bought a lot of educational materials but I always had a hard time finding the time to do all the activities. I’m planning and hoping to improve the learning routine with our new baby and still make more efficient the learning process with my 5 year old. Any tips?

I use my laptop and we usually do Little Reader in the morning and Little Maths in the evening, usually after she has eaten, then she gets into a routine and knows when to expect it. Sometimes I’ll just take out my laptop to do some work and she’ll think its ‘Brillbaby’ time and raise her hands and make a ‘ahhhh’ sound, its so cute.

Hi Hypatia,
Is this what you wanted? Send me another PM with more specifics if you were hoping for something different. You can add spaces by dragging the borders or just pressing “enter” a few times.
Kizudo

After reading this thread… I’m so so so inspired on giving my Albert weekly goals. So after a whole lot of reading from this forum and other early learning sites… I come up with my baby’s schedule. Please feel free to comment on it. Is it too much of an 11-month old boy??? I did this so that my cousin who’s sitting him could follow a guide where she’ll put check marks on accomplished activities. Since I’m working mom, I hope this will help me track of his activities and development.

Thanks to Krista G’s blog for some insightful activities I did write and just hope we can follow it…

Again, I need some opinions on it so I can improve it.

Paps, what you have done is beautifully made!
Thank you for sharing it with us.

I’ll make a few comments:
I like how you’ve highlighted your theme of the day. It’s very practical this way.

I think that this schedule is doable, I’m guessing you are already doing it or some of it so you know what to expect.

When you say ‘No tv’ with a little star next to YBCR, LR etc. what do you mean?

I see you have 4 sets of LM and LR a day? Do you do this at the moment? I’m guessing you are leaving the computer on. It’s great if you can keep it up.

The only thing I would do differently is show only a little bit of YBCR once a day. I did not want my daughter to watch much tv at the beginning. We started with Little Pim when she was 7 months and increased slightly. Now she is 19m and watches around 20mnof tv/day. I’m not saying it is wrong or anything and everyone does what they feel best for their children, but i would definitely have done more books, flashcards, pointing to posters while they are very young. And i would not show tv or the computer in the last period before bedtime.

The suggestions at the end of the document are great!

PS: Are you brasilian? (cf: merienda?)

karma to you hypatia for your honest opinion…

We sometimes play the YBCR/LR/LM in our laptop and the NO TV means I would prefer no distractions by all means specifically an ON television. NO TV for us is practically impossible most of the time as husband dear is into sports channels. In the meantime, he brings his work at home and since we live in a small place where limited access to a “silent” space is almost impossible to get. And when we used tv with YBCR/LR/LM (you know all the hastles of wiring tv from a laptop) I’m encouraging my sitter and husband dear to have an interaction whenever YBCR/LR/LM is played on tv.

With YBCR, i actually don’t know how many times it should be watched? And now I’m on a project to gather as much nursery Rhyme videos to substitute some YBCR viewing. But but I guess it is the same sort of since it will be viewed using tv. Another is I’m making printout of the nursery rhymes and kid’s stories and laminate later on then bind giving a “book” look thing.

The pointing to posters is a nice idea. I just have to figure out where to post it on our small spaced home.

PS: not a brasilian… I’m also SE-Asian.

to the others,
comments please! your opinions are most valued to how I improve.

Hi Paps,
Please share with me where you gather your resouce for the nursery rhymes videos when you have them, please? I need plenty of them also.
When my son was younger I tried similar planner like yours :slight_smile: I even planned the music and video for the whole day other than the rest of the activities. When my son start to walk I can’t keep to my planning anymore :frowning: He will walk away if he prefer to do something else. And I was a bit stress up by my own planning :slight_smile: Now I resolve the problem by keeping all the activities that I want him to use within his reach. I kept them in magazine box, rack, zig lock bags…etc… Every night I put all the staff that I want him to play with to these locations and next day he will choose the activities himself. This way I get do more activities than I expected each day. These does not include the cd, dvd, LR or LM.
For those who are not so organised like me, can try to come out with a chart on what area you want your child to work on each day or week and keep the activities within their reach. For example, my son will bring them to me and we will work on it together. If I am not busy we can play more than 10 activites, which I am contented with it. Hope this helps!

This is a really helpful link…I love it, There are videos, music and shows you the song, also you can print them. It has plenty of them, numbers song…etc.
http://www.mothergooseclub.com/videos.php

hope this helps