UK/ USA Exchange

Hi, maybe this has already been mentioned but I just came across ichild.co.uk They have a 20% discount code for Walker books once you register & a great selection of printable activities.

I just LOVE your energy and enthusiasm Keri! Reminds me that we could have FUN FUN FUN when doing math! I have been stressed and edgy the past months after giving birth and reading your posts re your math activities with Alex is like a welcome splash of water on my hot head :smiley: :smiley: Thanks for the bright ideas!

So living in the US indefinitely, and planning to homeschool out of necessity as well as love, I am hoping to be able to meet both US standards as well as UK. There are so many resources out there, and it seems as though if we shoot for a UK standard (and then some! ) via classical education, as well as doing US specific topics, this in not only entirely pausible but quite ambitious as it is a Eurocentric model with additional classical educational focus…are there any other expats hoping to achieve this? My child is a dual citizen and I want to make sure that regardless of where we live she is above standard!
There are many Internet-based curriculums for older kids, but my LO I’d approaching the available material seemingly at the speed of light?! Is anyone else considering a program of this nature and are you utilizing the following?
Any input greatly appreciated!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/

I just found www.gridclub.com. I have no idea if it’s good but it might be worth checking it out via the free trial as it’s linked to the UK curriculum. If you see this in time, this coupon is valid www.livingsocial.com/cities/513/deals/279562-one-year-subscription-to-kids-learning-website for the next few hours.