Sometimes do you feel Alone????

Keeli, thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is how I often feel as well.

Khatty, I know you know that we are all here for you and you must remember the quote for your dd about her trusting herself. You need to trust yourself and your children that this is the right thing for them.

Thanks for the support, sister, karma to you.

I definitely agree with all of you! Most of the time I feel utterly alone. We go to two different playgroups every week, but I have nothing in common with any of the mothers (apart from the two whose children also spent time in special care, but that really isn’t the same). They sit and talk about Peppa Pig and In The Night Garden (whatever on earth is a Ninky Nonk or Pinky Ponk or whatever it is?! And WHY are they letting their children learn about it :blink: )

I feel that if I were to say that actually, my son doesn’t care a whit about cartoons, but LOVES learning Chinese and Maths… I think they would want me committed!

My mum saw an advert for YBCR in a magazine and said to me that it was a load of nonsense. I didn’t say that I have it, but then again, my son seems to agree :wink: He just doesn’t like it.

I am so lucky that my best friend understands. To some extent, anyway. I haven’t said all that I do, but she doesn’t think extra languages or extra stimulation is bad. And she supports my ideas about homeschooling, which I daren’t mention to my family yet - I still have three years and don’t want them to be spent defending myself!

It is great to be a part of this community, since it reminds me that I am not crazy or mean in my desire to teach my son everything I possibly can. Then again, maybe I do need one of those OTTM tops lol

I agree with everyone too! I am a single mom, so don’t even have the child’s father for support. It would be so nice to have local people as a support system. I even tried joining a local homeschooling group, thinking I would find other parents who emphasize education. The reaction that I got is I need to let my baby “be a baby” or he would grow up resenting me and learning. Obviously they had no idea how early learning is implemented. That’s why I love Brillkids and all the blogs I follow about early learning. It is nice to feel like a little less of an outsider! Everyone approaches things a bit differently, but is still supportive of the efforts being made. I love how encouraging these early learning moms can be!

Hi Kballent. I’m a single mum, too, and haven’t been brave enough to join the local homeschool network yet as I am fairly sure the response wouldn’t be positive. The only support I really have in Early Education is right here!

There’s no need to say that I feel the same way too, or else I wouldn’t be on this network. I have parents and relatives who think I’m loading my 2 babies at too young an age (21 and 9 months) and that they are missing out on their “babyhood”. When my sister recently saw that we had a Tweedlewink center close too home, she came home ranting and ridiculing the fact that there are parents out there who are starting the “rat race” for their babies, and all this is too much!!! (not knowing that I’m planning to get the DVD’s myself!)

Unfortunately for me, my husband works overseas 5 days a week and therefore I live with my parents so I have help during the week, and they openly tell me that I’m doing the wrong thing, and that my children are undergoing stress. I’m so unhappy that nobody seems to think the same as me, that I even thought of giving this all up…!

Thankfully for an understanding and supportive husband (who is away most of the time!!!:(… ) that I’m not giving up… it is forums like this which help me through the days and weeks… no proper support group where I live (Malaysia) as most of it is religion based, so it’s me, myself and my 2 babies…

I just hope that all this is for a good purpose, and soon my children will grow up to be intelligent and well rounded individuals… only time will tell. Bless you all for just being around!!!

“It is known that in the past brilliant children died early. One teacher have noticed that over time a very skilful children acquire various chronic diseases. We need to compensate this imbalance. Is the typical impulsivity, instability of expression a sign?”

I think there may be a couple of explanations for this. Rather than intelligence causing illness, illness probably contributes to intelligence. Because sickly children can’t do a lot of the things healthy children can do, they often spend a lot of time reading and studying.

Secondly, many autistic children have high levels of intelligence. Autistic children are much more likely to have health problems, such as seizures and brain tumors. This could explain higher levels of chronic disease among highly intelligent children.

As for Doman, he did a lot of his work with brain injured children, so it would make sense that you would find higher levels of brain related problems among them.