Seeking recommendations for French audio books

Hi all,

I am attempting to teach my 2 year old French. I used to speak it in school, although with a very poor accent. She ADORES our French lessons so I am looking for recommendations for French books suitable to read to a 2 year old that come with a CD. Any ideas?

Hi, I’m looking for something similar, would be happy with just some regular french early readers. What are you using with her at the minute?

I found a French speaking contact on here, I pm’d her & I’m waiting to hear back from her… I’ll ask her about audio books too & get back to you.

Lois

Oh I just remembered, I have a couple of Spanish audio books by “twin sisters” publications. The cd has the story read aloud, then sung, then there are about 10/12 more Spanish songs. I wonder if they do something similar in French.

http://www.earlylanguagelearner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/WWY222450-Readers-Flyer-50-Off.pdf

http://www.earlylanguagelearner.com/products/french.html

Many of readers from this website include CD, and fun activities.

Thanks for the link - I just ordered Le rêve de Sophie. Hopefully, it is what we are looking for.

Just a few LR lessons I made myself and some I downloaded from the BK library. I also have Baby Boom Boom songs in English & French, and she listens to Baby Mix French radio station. What are you using?

That would be great, thanks!

I have recently become addicted to learning langauges online in order to help start etaching my child, I think it helps if you have a grasp of the language first before you start teaching them or you just get very confused. :blink:
I ahve tried a few different sites for purchasing them from so recommed one from Groupon.ie has a deal on for languages ! Think French is on there. or there is rosettastone but that can be very pricey if it is not on offer so I would try purchassing form thirs parties sites.

Thanks NadiaD

As far as French goes, I’m only using the files that are downloadable from here. Thanks to hypatia for all her great files, very comprehensive.

Book wise I was recommended:

Petit Ours Brun,
Pomme d’Api,
& Tchoupi
which I think are for little ones. I haven’t purchased them yet. They don’t have accompanying cds.

aangeles has a video of her Ella reading in French & I would love to know what series that was from .

Thanks for reminding me of this. I must dig out my Michel Thomas French CDs. I used them a few years ago and found them great.

Wow, those books look great, thanks! Seeing as they don’t come with a CD, maybe you ask a native French speaker to record themselves reading it?

That’s a good idea about getting a native french speaker to record them for us… never thought of that. I think I have someone in mind, Canadian french but french none the less:-)

Here are some more recommendations I got:
Petit Ours Brun by Danièle Bour is a series; “they are very easy to read and use repetition sometimes which would help a lot.”

T’choupi by Thierry Courtin, think I already mentioned that one.

A ce soir by Jeanne Ashbé

Les petites histoires du Père Castor by different authors
http://www.amazon.fr/Petites-histoires-Castor-faire-petits/dp/2081219824/ref=pd_sim_b_2

Arc-en-ciel, le plus beau poisson des océans by Marcus Pfister

Père Castor’s DVDs - whoever he is, am off to google him!

Hope this helps,
Lois

Sorry Lois, for some reason I didn’t see your reply till now. Thanks for those book ideas. I’ve ordered some & I also got some from the library. One that is proving most popular is Un Deux Trois (Dual Language French/English): First French Rhymes (Book & CD) www.amazon.co.uk/Deux-Trois-Language-French-English/dp/1845076230/ref=pd_sim_b_5 My daughter has been asking for ‘French music’ both at home & in the car since I started playing this, and today I noticed her singing along to a few of the songs.

I’ve downloaded the audio for each word in the Usborne First 100 words in French from www.usborne-quicklinks.com/uk/uk_menu_areas_pages/languages/french.asp?type=subject&menu=s6 which I am planning to play while we look at the pictures. I’ve also used the audio for LR presentations I have made and today she asked me for ‘proper French’ which I think is her way of asking for the new LR French files, rather than me just saying the words!

This is from another thread that aangeles started, thought I would quote it here in case you missed it;

Seastar I’m not sure if you’re still looking for French resources…but you might want to check www.little-linguist.co.uk. They have various resources on either hardcover format or dvd one; they also have flashcards and games.

I’ve never actually ordered from this website, but am planning to for Italian and Spanish as I think they’re good and the price is reasonable.

More from sixtine charlotte:

An Imagier by Gallimard et Jeunesse
http://www.gallimard-jeunesse.fr/Catalogue/GALLIMARD-JEUNESSE/Les-Imagiers .