Right Brain Training

Hi Pamela,

Maybe I should rephase my question. I meant, should I skip Tweedle Wink/flashing cards at rapid speed and move straight to Wink, games, since he is already 4? I don’t want to waste anymore of his time if he will not benefit much from it and rather concentrate on Wink, activities that he will benefit on. Please advise.

Any comments from anyone?

Thanks!

Thank you it was of great help

Hi, Prin:

Many parents ask us what to do for children who begin TweedleWink after age 3. Like you, they wonder, “Is it too late?”

You will find the answer in our website under frequently asked questions, but I am posting the answer here for your reference.

Also, if you would like to obtain a copy of the TweedleWink overview chart, please write to us at support@rightbrainkids.com and we will be happy to email you one.

rbkids
support team

=======================

IT ALL BEGINS WITH LOVE

The truth is, it’s never too late to begin. And if you have surrounded your child with love during these years, then bless this as the best foundation for life. That sense of love ensures that the right brain will continue to grow and flourish. The right brain opens and responds to love.

At age 4 and above, the right brain is still as absorbent, and rapid brain building can still occur, as long as you know how to:
(1) gently turn off the left brain
(2) input information directly into the absorbent right brain

In TweedleWink, we do not look at a child’s age, but their “stage” of development. (Please see the Characteristics column on the TweedleWink Overview Chart on our web site.) This is because after age 3 some children are still in the absorbent right brain state. Albert Einstein himself did not switch over to left-brain cognitive thought until age 9. And studies show that boys, especially, stay in right-brain thought much longer than girls. When the right brain is open, you can input information just as you would at age 2 or 3.

HOW TO GIVE FLASHCARDS WITH OLDER CHILDREN

The right brain learns through flashes of information, quickly and gently. Also through lots and lots of play. If you have flashcards, then take a moment to relax and play with your child and then flash the cards quickly. If you’ve got foreign language, classical music, science, or other types of educational CDs or DVDs, then you can teach a tremendous amount of information simply by playing them in the background while your child is playing.

If your child has begun to read, then the left brain is strong. This is when we graduate him/her to the WINK program. Our WINK program teaches you how to re-activate the right brain, linking it with the left, for whole brain utilization. Step 1 of WINK is Alpha-Wave Relaxation. This step is especially important because if a child can be in that semi-meditative state, then the absorptive mind becomes like an infant’s once again. It is really amazing. It also encourages a more calming behavior and overall loving state. Once they are in this mode, flashcards can be shown, and images retained for later use.

TWEEDLEWINK DVDs FOR CHILDREN OVER AGE 6

TweedleWink is perfect for older children who did not have a solid early learning program. These 8-minute flashcard lessons contain basic information in so many topics ranging from Art, Science, Music, Poetry, World Cultures, Speed Reading Readiness, Math, Phonics and Vocabulary Building.

The key to presenting it with success is movement. In class, we provide rebounders for children to jump on while viewing the material playfully. At home, you can use jump ropes, Brain Gym® movements, yoga ball bouncing, and more.

Thank you, rbkids, for the valuable tips!