Potty Training

It’s true! :yes:

i have a friend with 2 young ones and 2 potties in loungeroom in front of TV so they can sit and sit and rhymes with sit… I’m not keen on seeing potties in public areas but it is a good way to get them to do it, sitting on potty instead of a chair… when they need to go they can just go, which cuts out the middle man… no having to rush them off to the toilet :biggrin: …plus it’s near the heater in winter, air conditioning in summer…which makes it more pleasant. Actually I saw a video clip of African kids (probably an orphanage :() where the kids were all sitting on potties in one room and they scooted around the room on them. (peer pressure in a good way…if everyone else is doing this I’ll do it too. Probably works for the 2 kids I mentioned…inspiring each other…) lol At Azarias current age and stage I wouldnt trust her sitting on a potty… she would eat the contents.

I started training my daughter, who is now 2yrs 8 months when she was 1 yr 6 months. At first I just got her used to the potty and what it is ment for. I didn’t stress much on actually using it as I felt that she wasn’t quite ready. A year later and Emily being older, I took the plunge and trained her into using the potty. Since Emily already knew waht the potty was for it wasn’t that daunting for her. Using positive reinforcements ( a star chart) and lots of praise, she was well trained in 1 week and on the second week she started asking me for it. 2 months have passed and actually yesterday I managed to get her to use the toilet. Whenever I tried, she flatly refused - the trick…
We were happily playing with her lion puppet when Emily asked to use the potty. Lion suggested she use the toilet. I propped her up on a stepping stool and before we knew it she was happilly using the toilet. Lots of hugs, kisses and hurrays followed together with a star on her chart. From then on it was plain sailing - Emily was actually asking to use the toilet.
Play and positive reinforcement is the trick.
My advice to whom ever is attempting to potty train their child - don’t push it. You will know when your child is ready for such a step.
Good Luck

Does anyone know about the ebook called “Potty Training made easy, fast & simple”? They claim that you can potty train your child in tree days. Does it really work?

Does anyone know about any free potty training downloads?

My son started to sign potty at 13 months… but I thought it was too soon… silly me if I could only go back in time… lol I put him on and h went potty but I didnt want to pressure him.

Today he is a little over 2 and will poop but not pee on the potty… I have just started the elimination method with my 4 month old and he seems to be catching on we have been only doing it one week. He pees more successfully then my 2 year old.

I must admit I find it a little cumbersome to always be at the potty with the baby and the 2 year old… and outings make it tough, especially with the baby.

We are currently using a sticker chart that I made from a calandar… just covered up the month with my son’s name and then laminated it. Works well for my older one.

Child and me has some good info on it if you need more

http://www.childandme.com/ideas/potty-training-0

Kind Regards