Perfect Pitch Videos

Oh she’s brilliant! Every so clever. What a great effort. She is really focused on the task, even checking her work when she forgets where she is up to. Loved it.
You know you are going to need a really really big floor piano when she starts making her own symphonies :biggrin:

Dear TmT,
Thank you very much for sharing the video! You have very talented baby indeed! Wonderful ear, perfect pitch, great voice!
Keep up working with them so wonderfully. I won’t ve surprised to see your DD on stage one day!

Wow! I absolutely love the do-re-mi cars and the giant staff. I have been contemplating making one out of felt, but laminate seems so much more practical… how do you store it, though?

I am now seriously thinking about getting some coloured cars… we have so much fun with our SM do-re-mi cards and LMus that I can’t imagine he would complain. Especially since I have bought him a garage for his birthday!

My son is 2y11m and we’re only on day 14 of LMus (had to take a break in the holidays) but he’s well on the way to perfect pitch, though I haven’t tested him.

This is today’s session:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoIjrjvAhfg&feature=youtu.be

Wowzers MummyRoo! He has EXCELLENT pitch while singing, holy cow! At least to my untrained ears anyway. :slight_smile:

Another Mom asked me about purchasing a set like the one that I made. I am in the process of setting something up and you will (hopefully) be able to get it all from me directly if you like, just like in my youtube video, with a custom length staff and colored wooden notes, along with some other add on goodies to make your time teaching music far more simplified than mine was!

I am sourcing materials and things now. I don’t even know if I can make any small profit for my time and trouble while keeping things affordable, but I want to see other parents prosper in teaching their children music so this is something I want to pursue. :slight_smile:

And for storage of the laminate staff…you don’t. You will with a 20 foot staff on your living room floor 24/7. :wink: After a couple months, I finally pulled mine up and it’s rolled up in the closet at the moment. I cut it in half to make a grand staff most recently! :biggrin: Although I cannot fit a full song on it now.

He is a definite future-musician :biggrin: He sings LOUDLY all day long! Sometimes in scales and occasionally there are even songs I recognise! :ohmy: I found the solfege nursery rhymes on LMus this afternoon and he made me play the lesson 5 times. Out of interest, do they come into the set course lessons or are they meant to be supplemental?

I had an idea about storage - I’m thinking of buying A1 boards and binding them together so that they’ll fold away concertina-style. It might not be as pretty, but it is a little bit more practical in our tiny home. I’m going to have to down-size compared to your one, since the longest floor I have is my 9ft. hallway!

I did consider putting stripes of black and white magnetic tape on the walls, but that worked out expensive! Could be fun, though! lol