Need suggestion for 2 years old gift idea

This message has been deleted by TeachingMyToddlers as spam!
haydeejamison@gmail.com’s post count has been reduced by 1.

Hi, my son just celebrated his 1st birthday on June 12th and I bought him NOTHING!! Actually, I got him a Haagen Daaz cake but that doesn’t count lol

Like all mothers, I wanted to give him everything and I made a list as well. Dear hubby wanted to have a party, as usual. In the end, I put my foot down and decided that all I wanted was to spend quality time with my DS and we had a lovely dinner with both set of grandparents. Grandma bought him some new dress-up clothes and my mum gave him a ‘substantial’ pocket money that went straight into his college fund. He also got a toy robot ALPHIE ‘playskool’ from my sisters. I insisted that all toys must be educational if anyone is getting DS a toy. He loved it, more that his Leapfrog alphabet pad. Daddy got him a huge inflatable pool that will last till he’s at least 6. Spoiled!!

Besides the cake, I didn’t buy him anything else because when I sat down and reflect on the past 1 year, I realised that I probably bought too much already. I already have enough toys to put on rotation for 1 month without repetition! I also observed that the more toys he has,the less interested he became. Hence, the rotation. No, I didn’t turn frugal overnight, just more conscious of the line between spoiling and loving. Nowadays, we spend on books(libraries in Malaysia r hopeless) and wooden toys, just to emphasize montessori at home. Just some food for thought.

I can’t wait until her birthday to buy her gifts. lol I have to report that the two most recent purchases were both a success!

First one
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-10-Piece-Alphabet-Stacking/dp/B000GIL2DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312602145&sr=8-1

second one
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-CTK-2100-Personal-Keyboard-Headphones/dp/B002KG9LWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312602320&sr=8-1

She has been playing both of them since they got in the door. The stacking blocks has so many different ways to play she LOVES it! She will play with them for 5-30 minutes and 3-5 times a day! Great great investment. I got it from T.J. Max for $7.99. What a steal!

The piano was my gift but she wants to play with it of course since mama is playing with it. Every time she goes downstairs, she will hit the keys few times, turn the disco music background on and dance for a while. Too cute. I plan on have her learn how to play it maybe after 3 anyways. This is even better!

My son has stacking blocks like that. Different brand. He loves them. They provide hours of entertainment for him too.

If you still need some suggestions, I just bought my niece and nephew some amazing toys that they are obsessed with. They literally can’t get enough!

I bought an easel for my daughters second birthday and she loved it, it has a chalkboard on one side and a magnetic whiteboard on the other. We use it with magnetic letters and to draw, paint, colour and do worksheets.

Sounds awesome, that sounds fun and educational. What a brilliant idea.